March 1, 20179 yr The only thing there I'm not totally clear on is that Arkansas could still get past South Carolina. It would have to be a tie, but I believe if Arkansas lost to Florida but then beat Georgia, they'd be 12-6. If South Carolina lost to Ole Miss, they'd also be 12-6. South Carolina lost their only meeting with Arkansas, so Arkansas would be the 3 seed. Florida would be 2-0 against Arkansas. Kentucky would be 1-0. At that point my question would be, does 2-0 outrank 1-0? Or do they go by the percentage (which each would be 1.000)? If the former, then Kentucky hasn't clinched. If the latter, Kentucky has because it would then move to the 4th team, South Carolina. I would assume it's winning percentage because teams can't control who plays each other twice or once.
March 1, 20179 yr There was a 3 or 4 possession stretch early in the second half where Vandy just gave his man the ball and let him drive it right at him for a layup each time. He's as atrocious of an on-ball defender as I've ever seen. Yep. It was awful. Teams also run a lot of action that puts Willis on the ball driver which leads to easy kick-outs. The poor guy is trying, he just can't do it.
March 1, 20179 yr Hmmm I may have saw a different game because I didn't see Willis give up much last night at all. In fact I thought it was one of his better defensive games. Roberson posted him up back-to-back times in the 2nd half for buckets and there wasn't anything Willis could do about it. If I was Vandy, I would have came right back at him another time or two. Not sure about other plays, but those stood out. You know people are going to get scored on, but it being back-to-back was why I remember.
March 1, 20179 yr I would assume it's winning percentage because teams can't control who plays each other twice or once. It would make sense, but it specifically says "Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary)." In the three team tiebreaker, it specifically says "Best winning percentage" when applying the same rule as the second tiebreaker. Ultimately, I doubt it matters, because a whole lot has to go wrong for it to come into play. But I do think they need to clarify their meanings in the tiebreakers. Saying winning percentage would make it clear.
March 1, 20179 yr Lets all admit one thing. This team sucks and cant or wont get past 2nd round of NCAA Tourny. No desire or want to. All ME ME ME ME ME AAU AAU AAU AAU AAU
March 1, 20179 yr What has happened to Wenyen Gabriel? He had a point explosion against UGA, and since that time he has scored 13 points total in 6 games. Ouch. He is SO not ready for the NBA.
March 1, 20179 yr Lets all admit one thing. This team sucks and cant or wont get past 2nd round of NCAA Tourny. No desire or want to. All ME ME ME ME ME AAU AAU AAU AAU AAU This is just completely inaccurate. A team that doesn't have desire or want to mails it in last night and against Florida on Saturday. What I saw is the exact opposite of what you're describing.
March 1, 20179 yr This is just completely inaccurate. A team that doesn't have desire or want to mails it in last night and against Florida on Saturday. What I saw is the exact opposite of what you're describing. I agree. I don't see selfishness at all.
March 1, 20179 yr Kentucky is just now learning how to play. Wait for it. Agreed, the loss to Robert Morris again is right around the corner.
March 1, 20179 yr He is SO not ready for the NBA. You could argue none of them on this team are really ready for the NBA. Going to be interesting to see what happens.
March 1, 20179 yr You could argue none of them on this team are really ready for the NBA. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Sure you could....I mean you could argue it, but you'd be wrong.
March 1, 20179 yr You could argue none of them on this team are really ready for the NBA. Going to be interesting to see what happens. I want to say that 3 have been projected going in the first round? Gabriel is projected to go in the 2nd.
March 1, 20179 yr There was a 3 or 4 possession stretch early in the second half where Vandy just gave his man the ball and let him drive it right at him for a layup each time. He's as atrocious of an on-ball defender as I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure you can say the same thing about almost every UK player this on allowing players to drive by them for easy layups. I felt like last night was one of his better defensive games. Is he a lock down defender, no. However it sure looked much better to me last night. Not to mentioned he saved a few other players who allowed their guys to drive and blocked or altered shots. So I admit I shouldn't have said his defense was good, but I did think it was improved.
March 1, 20179 yr I want to say that 3 have been projected going in the first round? Gabriel is projected to go in the 2nd. True, and where did Skal (I'd spell his last name if I could) go last year? No way I thought he was ready.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.