Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Seating Capacity of 5k vs 2500 does it. Now when you add in Anderson Co to the mix it location most central is Henry
SK is probably 30 minutes longer of a drive than it is from Anderson Co. Like Drippen said the most central location is probably Carroll County. But nothing has the history or atmosphere of Henry County. So those of us in the 32nd put up with the long drive year in and year out because of this.
  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly it's at HC because of the atmosphere and history. Not because it's centrally located.

 

Actually, it's at Henry because, the info I have been given anyway, it's required to be there.

 

I have been told from multiple sources that when the gym was built (mid-late 60's I think?) it was built to specifically host the 8th region tournament and contracts were signed stating it would be the permanent host site..at least for several several years anyway. Now, if that is the TYRUE case, I don't know, but I have been told such. And there has never been any move I am aware of the get it moved from Henry. It's a great gym...but the parking does leave a lot to be desired.

Actually, it's at Henry because, the info I have been given anyway, it's required to be there.

 

I have been told from multiple sources that when the gym was built (mid-late 60's I think?) it was built to specifically host the 8th region tournament and contracts were signed stating it would be the permanent host site..at least for several several years anyway. Now, if that is the TYRUE case, I don't know, but I have been told such. And there has never been any move I am aware of the get it moved from Henry. It's a great gym...but the parking does leave a lot to be desired.

I believe that is correct. I've heard that from multiple sources over the years.

I love Henry County's, but I really miss the hanging scoreboard. I thought it gave the whole place even more character.

No other gymnasium can can come close to having enough capacity to host the tournament.

The court?

 

Yes, Spindoc, in some aspects the court is the same size such as the 15' free throw line - don't take everything so literal.

 

Here is the classic movie clip from Hoosiers:

 

I love Henry County's, but I really miss the hanging scoreboard. I thought it gave the whole place even more character.

 

Character, yes. But hated when it was the only clock in the gym. Too many times have seen a player try to see how much time is on the clock, and have the defender swipe the ball.

Character, yes. But hated when it was the only clock in the gym. Too many times have seen a player try to see how much time is on the clock, and have the defender swipe the ball.

I'm with you there. They need other clocks on the wall for the exact reason you said, but I still miss that clock.

I`m 59 and have been going to Henry County At the very least since I was 8. My Dad wouldn`t see a game all year, but we would make it the regional.I remember going with snow a half foot deep. Usually to see Shelby Co. beat Grant in either the semi finals or a couple times in the finals. I got to play there a couple times in High School. This place will always hold fond memories for me.

Yes, Spindoc, in some aspects the court is the same size such as the 15' free throw line - don't take everything so literal.

 

Here is the classic movie clip from Hoosiers:

 

That looks like a great movie. I should check it out.
  • Author
That looks like a great movie. I should check it out.

 

I assume you jest. But if you seriously have not so it you definitely should imo it's one of the 3 best sports movies of all time.

I assume you jest. But if you seriously have not so it you definitely should imo it's one of the 3 best sports movies of all time.
Of course I'm kidding. The drama of the previous post was lathery thick.
  • Author
Of course I'm kidding. The drama of the previous post was lathery thick.

Gotcha

I`m 59 and have been going to Henry County At the very least since I was 8. My Dad wouldn`t see a game all year, but we would make it the regional.I remember going with snow a half foot deep. Usually to see Shelby Co. beat Grant in either the semi finals or a couple times in the finals. I got to play there a couple times in High School. This place will always hold fond memories for me.

 

Remember the days of smoking and you could see the cloud of smoke coming from the lobby/concession stand area? You could cut it with a knife.

I like the atmosphere at Henry and don't mind the drive from Independence. Wish there were some close options for food and better parking.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.