Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules experimenting in The NIT

Featured Replies

I am not against it because the "half" seems to be on its way out. But one thing I kind of miss in the Womens game is the 1 and 1.

I didn't realize the women's game ditched the 1 and 1. I think it's goofy to reset at 9:59, just experiment with 4 quarters and keep the 1 and 1.

  • Author

I just don't understand resetting the fouls. In what league does that happen? Is that an NBA thing?

I just don't understand resetting the fouls. In what league does that happen? Is that an NBA thing?

 

NBA resets every quarter

I wouldn't mind seeing the men go to a 4 quarter game, like the women, but that's all they need to mess with.

Not at all a fan of this experiment.

 

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

They basically went to quarters without going to quarters. Whatever.

It's time to go to quarters. The men are the only level of basketball in the world now that doesn't play quarters.

It's time to go to quarters. The men are the only level of basketball in the world now that doesn't play quarters.

 

Do you keep all of the media timeouts? They get them every 4 minutes.

Do you keep all of the media timeouts? They get them every 4 minutes.

 

I would hope one each half is replaced by the end of period break.

I would hope one each half is replaced by the end of period break.

 

How would they break them up? Not an issue by just resettting fouls at the 10 minute mark, but a true quarter would be interesting on how they would divide them up?

If they keep halfs, I'd be in favor of 1&1 on 7th foul, 2 shots on 11th foul and the old ABA 3 to make 2 on 15th foul. These games that take an hour to play the last 2:00 are not basketball.

 

Alternative, allow the fouled team to keep possession rather than shooting FTs.

I hope Tom Crean and Ben Howland can adjust to these changes.

Not at all a fan of this experiment.

 

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I think that is the problem. It is broke. Nobody enjoys watching FT shooting contests the last 13 minutes of a half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.