Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What do your grandchildren call you?

Featured Replies

First grandchild is due in March. The other grandparents have nicknames that they'll be called. I thought I would leave it up to my granddaughter! Maybe not! Thoughts?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats first off...when it comes to my grandchildren, I don't care what they call me.

 

I just want some grandchildren!!!!

 

Pop, Poppee, Grandpa...it's all good!

I just had a discussion about this the other night with one of my good friends. His older brother's kids have always called their grandpa "Pap". Now my buddy's 2 year old son is starting to say "Pawpaw" when he sees his grandpa, but most of the other family members are trying to get the 2 year old to say "Pap" instead.

 

I say leave it to each kid. If they conform with the others, then so be it.

  • Author
Congrats first off...when it comes to my grandchildren, I don't care what they call me.

 

I just want some grandchildren!!!!

 

Pop, Poppee, Grandpa...it's all good!

 

Thank you sir, we're very excited.

I hope your wait is short!

The expectant father is pushing for CPap.

Gonna have a talk with the dude!

Thank you sir, we're very excited.

I hope your wait is short!

The expectant father is pushing for CPap.

Gonna have a talk with the dude!

 

Hopefully that's not a comment on your oxygen intake.

You can plan all you want but your grandchildren are going to call you what they want to call you.

 

My mother found that out the hard way as did my brother in law's parents. His parents insisted on being called grandmother and grandfather...until my niece came along and decided they were memaw and pop.

I called mine papaw and the kids call me the same.

Congratulations, grand children are AWESOME.

Mine call me Papaw, they also call other grand parents, B pop, Pap, and grandpa. My wife is Nana, but other grand parents are Gee, mamaw, mamaw Gene, granny.

All 4 of my grandchildren call me Grandpa. They tried calling me a variety of names, but I put the time in to get them adjusted to Grandpa.

  • Author
Congratulations, grand children are AWESOME.

Mine call me Papaw, they also call other grand parents, B pop, Pap, and grandpa. My wife is Nana, but other grand parents are Gee, mamaw, mamaw Gene, granny.

 

Thank you!

I am Paps

 

the lovely lady is called - Diva (I kid you not)

 

I am pretty certain 4 of the 7 have no idea what our real names are.

Big Poppy.

 

Oh. My. :lol2:

 

 

 

I am Nana

My ex is Pops

His wife is Figo

My daught in laws mom is Grandma

Not a grandparent myself, but my son calls my mom and dad grandma and grandpa. He calls my wife's parents mamaw and papaw. It works out great, because there's never been any confusion about who he's talking about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.