Bardstown 68 Washington County 62

I'm a little late getting this up but I've been pretty swamped.

Anyway, the visiting Tigers were riding a 29-game win streak over WC dating back to the 2005 district tournament going into last night, but were able to hit 4-4 FTs in the final 22 seconds to seal the win and extend the streak to 30 straight.

The Commanders fell behind by 15 to start the 4th Q and I thought they might fold over at that point, especially given their lack of depth in comparison to B'town. But they fought back and cut the deficit to 2 with a minute to go and didn't score again.

After Tavris Slaughter's 2 FTs with 22 seconds left, the Tigers' Kel Livers contested a fast-break layup attempt by WC's DT Yocum that could have made it 66-64, then got the rebound. He was fouled and hit both FTs to seal it.

Livers and Santrel Farmer each scored 18 for BHS. Yocum went for 31 for WC in a whale of an effort.

These two teams could possibly play again depending on how the last couple weeks of district games play out. WC is locked into the 4/5 seed game. Tigers can clinch the top seed with a win over Bethlehem next Tuesday.

It was my first chance to see the new WCHS campus and gym — very nice! I sadly don't get to go on a lot of road games, even as close as WC.