Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trouble Brewing For Kansas Basketball Program?

Featured Replies

Being in the dorm does not make this 16 year responsible for the alleged assault(s).

 

It would appear that she was not adequately supervised by whomever she was visiting.

 

That particular environment is no place for a 16 year old to be visiting at 10 PM, ever....

 

Where are the parents and how did they not know who was supervising their child at this time ?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Different strokes for different folks.

 

Maybe she was with her brother and her parents were in the hospital. You have no idea.

  • Author

It should be noted that the age of consent in Kansas is 16.

It should be noted that the age of consent in Kansas is 16.

 

As are some other states...I think it's the parental supervision / judgement that is questionable here.

It should be noted that the age of consent in Kansas is 16.

 

Have you looked into this for a reason? LOL

  • Author
Have you looked into this for a reason? LOL

 

Yes, the reason was to have all the facts about this situation at Kansas.

I lived in our Fraternity House in College two summers, and I can't tell you the number of times H.S. girls would try to come to a party over the summer because so little was going on in Bowling Green. A 16 year old girl wanting to hit a college party, or hang out with KU ballers, is the least surprising thing I've heard all day.

 

If even half of this story is true, I hope the long arm of the law does it's job swiftly and with great force.

  • Author

Some legal questions I would have... Is it illegal to watch a rape and do nothing? What if they didn't know it was a rape? I'm saying this with the assumption that the players were only observing but didn't actually that part in anything. Just curious how the law works on something like that

Jeez, things sure have changed from my days a EKU. The only time girls were permitted in the guy's dorms were on Thursday from 6PM to 8PM. They had to be signed in at the desk, you had to keep the dorm room doors open, and each floor had a hall monitor than walked back and forth up the hall with a clipboard the entire time during visitations.

 

It sounds like the rules should go back to what they were in those days ('72-'76).

I don't have children but if I did I would be scared to death to see my daughter go to college in these Co-Ed dorm times. Call me old fashion if you wish.

I'm definitely edging up toward the 'old' part :grumpy:

Jeez, things sure have changed from my days a EKU. The only time girls were permitted in the guy's dorms were on Thursday from 6PM to 8PM. They had to be signed in at the desk, you had to keep the dorm room doors open, and each floor had a hall monitor than walked back and forth up the hall with a clipboard the entire time during visitations.

 

It sounds like the rules should go back to what they were in those days ('72-'76).

I don't have children but if I did I would be scared to death to see my daughter go to college in these Co-Ed dorm times. Call me old fashion if you wish.

I'm definitely edging up toward the 'old' part :grumpy:

 

Man Prof you are old. :lol2:

 

When I was there we had visitation hours every day. 1981-1985

I think there have been studies done saying that Co-Ed dorms have much lower cases of sexual assault.

I could be wrong I'm having trouble finding where I read that at. But either way I don't think the numbers were significantly higher either way. But the issue of sexual assault on college campuses is a major issue and is something that needs to be talked about more. I know it's difficult for people to talk about, but something needs to be done.

I think there have been studies done saying that Co-Ed dorms have much lower cases of sexual assault.

 

That's true, I was on the Residence Hall Association at EKU and this came up when we were pushing for the first co-ed dorms back in the mid 80s.

Jeez, things sure have changed from my days a EKU. The only time girls were permitted in the guy's dorms were on Thursday from 6PM to 8PM. They had to be signed in at the desk, you had to keep the dorm room doors open, and each floor had a hall monitor than walked back and forth up the hall with a clipboard the entire time during visitations.

 

It sounds like the rules should go back to what they were in those days ('72-'76).

I don't have children but if I did I would be scared to death to see my daughter go to college in these Co-Ed dorm times. Call me old fashion if you wish.

I'm definitely edging up toward the 'old' part :grumpy:

 

 

I second all this.

From a basketball perspective, both Mason and Jackson were interviewed by police. They both were in the room when this took place.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.