Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brent Musburger Calling it Quits

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Musburger as well.

 

Think he's being forced out? Powers that be unhappy with all the gambling references while calling amateur games?

 

You'd think he'd finish the year out at least. Unless there is maybe a health concern.

The health concerns are concerning, if there are any. Makes you think that since it is abrupt.

 

Maybe he realizes he is slipping too much. Thought it was odd he acknowledged the butchering of Bam's name from last Tuesday.

  • Author

Apparently he's helping family start a sports handicapping business in Vegas.

It is time. A long and excellent career. However, he is slipping. Good for him to recognize it and get out

Apparently he's helping family start a sports handicapping business in Vegas.

Of course he is. :lol2:

 

I always liked when he calls games.

Sometimes we get nostalgic when announcers retire - this ain't one of those times. I have always thought he was horrible.

Sometimes we get nostalgic when announcers retire - this ain't one of those times. I have always thought he was horrible.

 

Totally disagree. I think he's been a great ambassador for college sports, especially basketball. Maybe because he's not shy about mentioning gambling or when a woman is attractive (Katherine Webb), but I appreciated his candor.

 

But I am bias. Got to hangout with him in Knoxville during NCAA tourney (1983, UK v. UL) when I was a UK student, then again in Lexington at 1985 Final Four.

Both times at the hotel bar. Great storyteller.

College football he is or was good.

 

I don't care for him at all as a basketball announcer.

"You're looking LIVE at ....." will always be his moniker, I my eyes.

 

I guess he figured he could retire, now that he correctly pronounced "Adebayo". :) That was a pretty funny moment he and Farnham shared last night.

 

Best of luck to Brent! Been an icon for 40+ years.

I always liked him on the call

Watched the last few minutes of U.K. / Tennessee last night...and thought it odd that he sounded so low key. His voice was always pumped, but not last night.

I love when Brent calls games.

 

You're looking LIVE.....

I've always like Musburger. Sad to see him go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.