Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Frederick Douglass (New School)

Featured Replies

Several coaches names from the 8th region and a couple from the 11th region are being thrown around in gossip circles. Tony Wise, Chris Gaither, Bryan Hyatt, Jason Holland, Mike Allen.

 

Hearing there could be an opening in 8th region boys basketball where Holland wouldn't even have to switch schools though.

 

Did Frederick Douglas just send out a mass email to every coach in the state or what? lol

  • Replies 76
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping my nephew, who is an assistant coach at Valdosta State (who are 21-4 this year), would apply for this job. He was assistant to Happy at Georgetown for 6 or 7 years. I've tried to call him but I get a busy signal. I'll keep trying. I'd like to see him coaching back in Kentucky.

I was hoping my nephew, who is an assistant coach at Valdosta State (who are 21-4 this year), would apply for this job. He was assistant to Happy at Georgetown for 6 or 7 years. I've tried to call him but I get a busy signal. I'll keep trying. I'd like to see him coaching back in Kentucky.

 

I don't think Coach Mays has any desire to coach high school basketball agains

Out of respect for the coach currently there, I'd rather not

We all know that coach is gone at the end of the year.

They should have listened to everyone and hired him last year.

If UK doesn't win a title, any chance Cal takes a look? Assuming he doesn't take the Suns job of course...

I don't think Coach Mays has any desire to coach high school basketball agains

 

Coaching at Douglass with their new academy and AD wont be 100% like HS basketball.

I don't think Coach Mays has any desire to coach high school basketball agains

I finally was able to get him on his phone today and he told me he wanted to remain on the college level, so you are correct.

Burns isn't going to let anyone have the talent at Spencer County. He's going to ride that wave to many victories. He is VERY happy at Spencer County. Spencer County is lucky to have him and they know it. The moon and stars have aligned with talent and coaching. Spencer County is getting ready to do things it never has.

Take this for what it's worth but the latest names I'm hearing are.....

 

Jack Givens

Dale Brown

Sean Woods

 

This is all speculation but I hear it from a reliable source. Evidently I guess Woods would bring his son with him and maybe some others.

 

The one thing nobody seems to want to bring up in this thread is the Carter G. Woodson program that will be housed at FDHS. This is a HUGE "recruiting" advantage if used correctly. I know that R word is blasphemy on this site but I'm just going to keep it real here. Kids can live in any school district in Fayette County but if they apply and are accepted to the Carter G. Woodson program they will play athletics at FDHS. The "reason" for the Auxillary gym at FDHS is for Carter G. to have PE classes during school but obviously Carter G. won't have athletics as a school. This is what has a lot of other schools around the district upset. Already an unfair advantage for the rest of the public school programs in Lexington. Should be interesting.

 

Back to the coaching prospects, I just can't imagine FCPS really hiring Woods with his recent issues, but then again it wouldnt surprise me with some of the things that go on there. Have fun with this one!!

The one thing nobody seems to want to bring up in this thread is the Carter G. Woodson program that will be housed at FDHS. This is a HUGE "recruiting" advantage if used correctly. I know that R word is blasphemy on this site but I'm just going to keep it real here. Kids can live in any school district in Fayette County but if they apply and are accepted to the Carter G. Woodson program they will play athletics at FDHS. The "reason" for the Auxillary gym at FDHS is for Carter G. to have PE classes during school but obviously Carter G. won't have athletics as a school. This is what has a lot of other schools around the district upset. Already an unfair advantage for the rest of the public school programs in Lexington. Should be interesting.

 

Can you elaborate? What is the purpose of the Woodson school? Is it like a magnet?

Can you elaborate? What is the purpose of the Woodson school? Is it like a magnet?

 

It is a magnet school and currently is housed downtown close to the board of education I believe. It is for K-12 and the way it's been explained to me it is for African American students only. I could be wrong on that but I'm almost positive I'm not. Currently they house around 200 students total but I am told that number is increasing to 1,000 with the new facility. Last year Henry Clay players Leander Ridgeway, Jordan Houston, and Jordan Jones all were Carter G. Woodson students but played at Henry Clay.

 

Carter G. Woodson Academy

 

Here is some information.

Ok after reading some information it is not just for African American students. It is however an all male program. This is directly from the link I added in the last post...."Carter G. Woodson Academy provides an advanced and rigorous curriculum that meets the new common core standards through the lens of African-American history, culture, and culturally responsive teaching and learning strategies. This traditional college preparatory program, which launched in the fall of 2012, serves at-promise males in grades 6-12 who have unlimited potential. All participants will graduate college- and career-ready"

Take this for what it's worth but the latest names I'm hearing are.....

 

Jack Givens

Dale Brown

Sean Woods

 

This is all speculation but I hear it from a reliable source. Evidently I guess Woods would bring his son with him and maybe some others.

 

 

Wow :lol2:

  • Author

@mooremiller31 It still amazes me that they are able to get away with that program without Title IV being involved since there is not a complimenting program offered to serve at-promise females. but that's none of my business.

@mooremiller31 It still amazes me that they are able to get away with that program without Title IV being involved since there is not a complimenting program offered to serve at-promise females. but that's none of my business.

 

You and me both!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.