Open Job: Frederick Douglass (New School)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think that out of respect to coaches that are already at a school coaching, their names shouldn't be thrown around on here during the season. I'm not saying that AD's or Administration scour this forum for info on their coaches, but it only takes one person with a personal vendetta against a coach to use this against him.

For example: "Mr. AD, did you know your coach is looking into other coaching jobs during the season? I saw it on Bluegrass Preps"

Just poor taste IMO. I would say the new school won't make an announcement or choice until after the Sweet 16.

Funny LCDAWGS, there are a couple others in the 8th I have heard that are interested

I mainly am able to see Louisville are games and 8th and 5th region games. I think the 8th has some of th best coaches. I don't know which coaches would b candidates, but I'm sure there would be a ton, and some young ones too. Who would you be referring too 8th region warrior? Gaither, Oldhams coach, Spencer's coach, maybe even Dale Brown?

I would think the principal and athletic director would be the two key players in this hire. The question I would have is "Is there going to be a selection committee that screens the candidates?"

I'm sure this will be a highly sought after position. My guess would be everybody from top assistants to veteran coaches.

• 3 weeks later...

Several coaches names from the 8th region and a couple from the 11th region are being thrown around in gossip circles. Tony Wise, Chris Gaither, Bryan Hyatt, Jason Holland, Mike Allen.

Hearing there could be an opening in 8th region boys basketball where Holland wouldn't even have to switch schools though.