Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raiders to Vegas?

Featured Replies

Oakland has officially filed paperwork to relocate to Las Vegas. Per ESPN.

I don't think Vegas will support a team, too many tourists, but I think it'd be awesome for them to have one.

 

The NHL is on their way there, and the NBA isn't far behind IMO. NFL can't be left out in the cold.

I think this is a brilliant move by the Raiders. It is where I would go. $$$$$

I would love to see this happen.

 

More than any other location I would love to fly to Vegas to have fun and see the Bengals/Raiders play.

I don't think Vegas will support a team, too many tourists, but I think it'd be awesome for them to have one.

 

The NHL is on their way there, and the NBA isn't far behind IMO. NFL can't be left out in the cold.

 

I think the biggest crowd will be tourists. As Guru said, you will have a lot of the away team fans come in just for a trip to Vegas. Plus, I think a lot of the tourists would go to the later games. I can't imagine sitting out in the sun/heat for an early September game. Is it going to be a dome with AC?

I think the biggest crowd will be tourists. As Guru said, you will have a lot of the away team fans come in just for a trip to Vegas. Plus, I think a lot of the tourists would go to the later games. I can't imagine sitting out in the sun/heat for an early September game. Is it going to be a dome with AC?

I think they would have to do that or at least a retractable roof.

If I were an Oakland resident, I'd almost be happy to see the back of them. That organization has been giving a giant middle finger to the people of that town since the day they moved back.

Will those crazy looking lunatics still dress up in barbaric gear at the games

Wow...that's all I need...ANOTHER excuse to go to Vegas...as if the NCAA BB tourney was not enough...:lol2:

Wow...that's all I need...ANOTHER excuse to go to Vegas...as if the NCAA BB tourney was not enough...:lol2:

 

With there being a huge stadium there now. This also opens the door for the final four one day being in Vegas...

I think the biggest crowd will be tourists. As Guru said, you will have a lot of the away team fans come in just for a trip to Vegas. Plus, I think a lot of the tourists would go to the later games. I can't imagine sitting out in the sun/heat for an early September game. Is it going to be a dome with AC?

 

I've got a very good friend & co-worker that's lived there for several years; and locally the word has been that this has quietly been a "done deal" behind the scenes for a while. Rumor is the stadium will be around $2.1 billion, so I'm guessing it will have a roof?

 

I think I heard that the team is putting up around $500,000,000 and a local casino owner putting up around $700,000,000 plus the land; with the remainder financed by a hotel tax. UNLV is supposedly trying to be involved as well & wants to play there too.

 

If you've never been off the strip, there's a very big city out there; and a ton of regular people & other businesses. Along with the tourists & casinos buying large numbers of seats for their guests; I doubt they'll have trouble selling tickets?

I think their home field advantage would be less than other teams.

It was my understanding that as long as Vegas offered sports betting, the NFL wouldn't allow Vegas to have a team and that is one reason again (my understanding) is why Indiana, Ohio and every other state with casinos do not offer sports betting. Am I wrong, because if I am, then why wouldn't Ohio and Indiana allow sports betting at their casinos, as it is a huge market!

It was my understanding that as long as Vegas offered sports betting, the NFL wouldn't allow Vegas to have a team and that is one reason again (my understanding) is why Indiana, Ohio and every other state with casinos do not offer sports betting. Am I wrong, because if I am, then why wouldn't Ohio and Indiana allow sports betting at their casinos, as it is a huge market!

 

In Ohio, they made it illegal to have a sports book. Also, the reason they do not give free drinks like in Vegas. I am sure every state is different. I thought I read something in the past about the NFL didn't want a team or Super Bowl where they offered a sports book, but each state decides whether they allow gambling and the type.

Will the NFL bet on the Raiders in Las Vegas? - LA Times

 

Article from May discussing moving to Vegas

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.