Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cover Songs

Featured Replies

"Hazy Shade of Winter" - The Bangles.

 

Most recently part of the soundtrack on an episode of Stranger Things on Netflix and also part of the soundtrack of Less Than Zero.

 

 

Here is Simon and Garfunkel's surprisingly hard edged hit original from 1966 -

  • Replies 147
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

"I'll Be There" -Sharon Jones and Lee Fields

 

The late, great Sharon Jones (The Dap-Kings), with funk/soul veteran Lee "Little JB" Fields.

 

 

This version, part of the "Main on End Title Sequence" of last year's Keeping Up With the Joneses is closest stylistically to The Spinners' 1972 hit.

 

Keeping Up With the Jonses.jpg

Sharon_Jones_and_the_Dap_Kings_-_Group_Shot_by_Jacob_Blickenstaff.jpg

Recently heard AC/DC's "Back in Black" and begin to think that it could be a tune worthy of some hip hop treatment because of it's rhyme scheme in its verses, so I checked to see if it had ever been covered this way and sho 'nuff ...

 

I think that it basically works just how I had imagined, but the chorus IMO feels a bit too forced and annoying like they went with it considering the versus worked so well, but all said and done I do dig the effort.

 

I'm not even sure who is doing this...

 

"Back In Black"

 

Back in black I hit the sack

I've been too long I'm glad to be back

Yes I am

Let loose from the noose

That's kept me hanging about

I kept looking at the sky cause it's gettin' me high

Forget the hearse cause I'll never die

I got nine lives cat's eyes

Abusin' every one of them and runnin' wild

Cause I'm back

Yes I'm back

Well I'm back

Yes I'm back

Well I'm back back

Well I'm back in black

Yes I'm back in black

Back in the back of a Cadillac

Number one with a bullet I'm a power pack

Yes I am

In a bang with the gang

They've got to catch me if they want me to hang

Cause I'm back on the track and I'm beatin' the flack

Nobody's gonna get me on another rap

So look at me now I'm just makin' my play

Don't try to push your luck just get out of my way

Cause I'm back

Yes I'm back

Well I'm back

Yes I'm back

Well I'm back back

Well I'm back in black

Yes I'm back in black

 

Well I'm back yes I'm back

Well I'm back yes I'm back

Well I'm back back

Well I'm back in black

Yes I'm back in black

 

Ho yeah

Oh yeah

Yes I am

Oh yeah, yeah oh yeah

Back in now

 

Well I'm back, I'm back

Back, (I'm back)

Back, (I'm back)

Back, (I'm back)

Back, (I'm back)

Back

Back in black

Yes I'm back in black

 

Outta sight

 

  • Author

Time to revive dust off this topic...

  • Author

 

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 

I remember the first time I heard a teaser for this.  All that played was the opening notes and the first line of the song.  I immediately recognized Sturgill's voice and new this was going to be great.  

In the film "Bobby", Demi Moore played a washed up, alcoholic lounge singer and did an interesting cover of Louie, Louie.

 

Maybe in bad taste, maybe not.  Cincinnati, Ohio's own Charles Manson has had at least 2 songs covered by popular bands (he claims it's way more than 2, but these are the 2 that are known.)

Released by the Beach Boys as 

 

He also penned "Look at Your Game Girl" in the mid-late 1960's

Covered by Guns N Roses in the 1980s or 90s

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.