Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cover Songs

Featured Replies

Here's the original by Justin Bieber just for the sake of comparison.

 

  • Replies 147
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Black Hole Sun by Steve & Eydie (Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme)

 

Anthrax cover of "Carry On My Wayward Son"

Tom Jones covers Lenny Kravitz' "Are You Gonna Go My Way?" on Leno and KILLS it.

 

Tom Jones covers Lenny Kravitz' "Are You Gonna Go My Way?" on Leno and KILLS it.

 

 

This is a real trip... I thought that Tom Jones was stretching it a bit when he did Prince's "Kiss" (Though I have to admit that I liked it), but he's killin' it here, and it's no joke. He actually stayed current and cool without looking like a fool, or a has been somewhere in Branson, MO like I would have years ago guessed. Never knew that he covered this... Wow!

From Sweet, to Rough, to Nasty!

 

Bonnie Raitt & Norah Jones - "Tennessee Waltz"

 

Sara Bareilles - "Stoney End" from Laura Nyro's induction into the Rock & Roll HoF.

 

Noticing a Ronstadt trend, so here's a threefer:

 

"Willin'," Linda with Emmylou Harris and Nicolette Larson - Live: Lowell George (Little Feat) Tribute

 

"Tumbling Dice" (The Rolling Stones) & "You're No Good" - Live in Atlanta from 1977. Linda Ronstadt - Fox Theater - (Member Intro) Tumbling Dice - You're No Good - YouTube

 

The Bangles - "Hazy Shade of Winter" from "Less than Zero." (Simon and Garfunkle)

This is a real trip... I thought that Tom Jones was stretching it a bit when he did Prince's "Kiss" (Though I have to admit that I liked it), but he's killin' it here, and it's no joke. He actually stayed current and cool without looking like a fool, or a has been somewhere in Branson, MO like I would have years ago guessed. Never knew that he covered this... Wow!

 

Tom Jones is a legend as far as I'm concerned. Just an amazing, versatile singer and entertainer.

Originally recorded by Johnny Darrell and covered by the likes of Elvis, Porter Waggoner, Englebert Whatshisdinck, and many others, "The Green Green Grass of Home" is a personal favorite of mine. The best cover of the song, imo, is easily that of Tom Jones.

On Rufus Wainwright's 2001 release "Poses" he covered his dad, Louden Wainwright III with "One Man Guy'" originally released in 1985.

 

Here's his dad Louden Wainwright III with his original version.

 

I came across this "Stairway To Heaven" cover in a record shop back in the mid-80's by this British band called Far Corporation, and my curiosity got the best of me, so I bought it. Either I have a valuable rarity on my hands, or I don't.

 

In their favor it did manage to reach #8 on the UK Singles Chart in '85 while going mostly unnoticed here stateside. It's the highest charting version of "S to H" since LZ never officially ever released it as a single.

 

Musically I find it fairly interesting, as well as impactfully hot at times, yet the delivery of the lyrics IMO come across as generic without any real feeling, like the vocalist is singing them while reading them off of a music stand, and especially in the beginning.

 

I can't pinpoint who the vocalist reminds me of, but I'm sorta feeling a bit of Lou Gramm from Foreigner. Turns out his name is Robin McAuley of the McAuley Schenker Group that succeeded the Michael Schenker Group.

 

Another tidbit is that 3 members of Toto are on this track.

 

Tom Jones with "He Stopped Loving Her Today."

 

What a haunting message in that song! I knew a woman whose husband left her and she continued to set a place for him at the dinner table every evening in case he came home (her kids once explained).

 

For me, the tone of Jones' voice is fabulous. I love to hear him sing nearly anything. In that performance, he really delivered the message of the song.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.