Working out 2017

newarkcatholicfan

@newarkcatholicfan

Do you use any supplements, pre-workouts, etc.

I've been looking at GNC and I'm not sure which way to go?

I'm not overweight but would like something to help me tone up and add some muscle definition.

Clean up the diet. That'll do the trick. Be consistent in your training.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @JCVD

It's a work in progress, but I already feel a lot better. The problem I'm running into is the wife working long hours so I've been trying to cook healthier dinners

Cooking healthy for one is difficult. My wife is a nurse and obviously works long hours as well. I know the struggle. Good luck with it.

Use the forum help keep you accountable.

Thanks @JCVD

It's a work in progress, but I already feel a lot better. The problem I'm running into is the wife working long hours so I've been trying to cook healthier dinners

It is difficult to keep up with the healthy fare. Extra work but it is worth it.

As far as supplements go, I drink Glycoload. Pre and post workout, plus a glass at work. Several I've talked to like it for recovery and helps with weight loss if you prefer cardio over lifting. I just started using it so I don't have any real results yet.

My back still has me out. Getting better and was going to give it a go this morning however didn't get much sleep last night due to sinus crap. Will go in the morning barring another rough night. Will be taking it easy for at least another week or 2. No weights, just body weight stuff and some cardio work.

For those wondering about supplements, most of it is a load of bull IMO. I use UMP protein powder it's a good whey:casein blend so its very versatile but it does not mix well at all. Then I cycle pre-workout. One month on one month off. I really like the ON Pre Workout but C4 is pretty good too. There are literally a billion brands of pre-workout so just find one you like. During the month I'm off pre workout I drink ON Amino Energy. I need something to get me going for 5 am workouts.

Anybody out there try ball squats?

Take a medicine ball toss against a wall and squat on each catch. A buddy if mine does these at his cross fit gym, did like 140 straight with a 10lb ball. Needless to say very sore legs the next day

Pretty standard cross fit exercise, but my guess he did more than 10 pounds. I am one of the oldest (ie worst) people at our cross fit gym and I did 150 reps with a 16 pound ball for time the week before last. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I could say that about a lot of stuff I do there. :D

Pretty standard cross fit exercise, but my guess he did more than 10 pounds. I am one of the oldest (ie worst) people at our cross fit gym and I did 150 reps with a 16 pound ball for time the week before last. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I could say that about a lot of stuff I do there. :D

Yeah if you did 16 pounds that he probably did 25 pounds LOL