Working out 2017

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am 34. ive been in a rut for going on a little over two years. in May of 2012 I ran my only half marathon at 205 lbs. im a shade under 5'9". obviously i had been training but my ignorant diet and low self control kept my weight up. Ive always enjoyed the feeling of when I am done running, my self control is weak.

My daughter was born in January 2013. I saw a picture of myself with her from that day, about a week later and couldnt believe it. You never think youre as bad as you actually look i suppose. That night I started doing pushups and situps until i couldnt physically do anymore. I started lifting the next week 3 nights and running 3 nights. within the year I was under 190. And by November 2014 I weighed 183.

Fast forward to now, we moved in 2015, had another child, and i have started working more. I havent excercised consistently since we moved. I have my dumbells, and a finished basement but zero desire. Im back up to 215 as of this AM.

everyday is the same "Ill start tonight" but nothing ever happens. I have a black lab who loves to run and she was my running partner for the two years I was getting it done. Motivation where are you?

Started back this morning; I told my wife when we returned from vacation I would get back to it. I started the body beast program this morning. The problem I run into is I need to workout in the morning before work, when I get home after work it's just not going to happen.

i am 34. ive been in a rut for going on a little over two years. in May of 2012 I ran my only half marathon at 205 lbs. im a shade under 5'9". obviously i had been training but my ignorant diet and low self control kept my weight up. Ive always enjoyed the feeling of when I am done running, my self control is weak.

My daughter was born in January 2013. I saw a picture of myself with her from that day, about a week later and couldnt believe it. You never think youre as bad as you actually look i suppose. That night I started doing pushups and situps until i couldnt physically do anymore. I started lifting the next week 3 nights and running 3 nights. within the year I was under 190. And by November 2014 I weighed 183.

Fast forward to now, we moved in 2015, had another child, and i have started working more. I havent excercised consistently since we moved. I have my dumbells, and a finished basement but zero desire. Im back up to 215 as of this AM.

everyday is the same "Ill start tonight" but nothing ever happens. I have a black lab who loves to run and she was my running partner for the two years I was getting it done. Motivation where are you?

Where do you live?

I just finished shoulder workout on body beast, so far I really like it most of the workouts are around 45 minutes. This is key for me being able to get these in before or after work.

I'm thinking with the workouts some running and eating better to get in better shape

@newarkcatholicfan

Do you use any supplements, pre-workouts, etc.

I've been looking at GNC and I'm not sure which way to go?

I'm not overweight but would like something to help me tone up and add some muscle definition.

Just protein powder. You can find anything GNC has online and is cheaper. Most place have free shipping.