Your band you claim to know more about than any BGPer and love more than any BGPer.

jericho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a bunch about and love Disturbed. I love metal in general. Whether more than any other BGPers, I don't know.

I turned another "stuck in the 70's" guy into a FFDP fan a couple of week ago. 65 years old, no less. He can't get enough, now.

I've been though tons of various genre obsessions over my lifetime, moving from one to another, and many very enjoyable ones to revisit from time to time, yet I still get that rush of something fresh, and I'm never quite sure which direction I'll be heading into next.

Through much of my 40's into 50's the genre that I have to give credit to that seemed to satisfy my soul the most (and still does) by continuing to give me an element of either coolness and/or artistic brilliance, while not prompting me much ever to bang my head and ruin my neck as I age is "Freak Folk", "Nu-Folk", "Neo-Folk" or whatever you might want to call it.

I promise that it wasn't a switch to Warm 98, but just stuff that was as equally groovy, folky, organic, and sometimes hippy trippy psychedelic to prevent me from opting for, during my aging process, anything near elevator music cornballness.

Various bands that I will loosely toss into this category that hit me with some great vibes that kept the cool alive in my life, and that I might be more privy to than others here would be stuff like this:

Neutral Milk Hotel

Beirut

Devendra Banhart

Vetiver

Joanna Newsome

Guy Blakeslee

Death Vessell

Elvis Perkins

Antony & The Johnsons

Bowerbirds

Daniel Martin Moore

Polyphonic Spree