Ashley Judd hammers Chik-fil-A for UK basketball promotion

Watusi

Both are great don't get me wrong, but CFA is next level man. Maybe its because there is a Larosa's 5 minutes from my house and I have to drive 25-30 minutes to get to a CFA.

I want to like CFA, but I've never left there thinking..."Man I can't wait to get some more of this" I like Raising Canes chicken better, but that's just me.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Ashley but I can't agree with her on this. Rupp already has a tendency of just watching the game, rather than being a true difficult environment for opponents. If this helps create more noise and more misses, then that is a good thing.

You know it's crazy. People say darn near the same sort of stuff about the Horseshoe too. For the big games it's incredible. The Michigan game this year was off the charts, but I was at the IU game and it was very ehh. Most people blame it on the age demographic of the season ticket holders because they are the only ones that can afford them, which would also apply to UK games too, I'll be at the Kansas game in a few weeks and Rupp will be shaking, but most games are kind of ehh. I wonder if people say the same sort of stuff about Bryant Denny or other similar places. I've never heard it said about places like Phog Allen in college basketball. But this certainly is not limited to Rupp Arena.

I want to like CFA, but I've never left there thinking..."Man I can't wait to get some more of this" I like Raising Canes chicken better, but that's just me.
I like the chicken and fries at CFA better, but the Cane's Sauce and the toast are a deal breaker. I can't get enough of it. CFA chicken, waffle fries, canes sauce, and Canes toast. That's what dreams are made of.

You know it's crazy. People say darn near the same sort of stuff about the Horseshoe too. For the big games it's incredible. The Michigan game this year was off the charts, but I was at the IU game and it was very ehh. Most people blame it on the age demographic of the season ticket holders because they are the only ones that can afford them, which would also apply to UK games too, I'll be at the Kansas game in a few weeks and Rupp will be shaking, but most games are kind of ehh. I wonder if people say the same sort of stuff about Bryant Denny or other similar places. I've never heard it said about places like Phog Allen in college basketball. But this certainly is not limited to Rupp Arena.

I've been to Bryant Denny. That place was rocking the entire game! Great atmosphere that I highly recommend to any college football fanatic!! Every 1st down is met with an enthusiastic "ROLL TIDE" from the crowd.

I've been to Bryant Denny. That place was rocking the entire game! Great atmosphere that I highly recommend to any college football fanatic!! Every 1st down is met with an enthusiastic "ROLL TIDE" from the crowd.

What game did you go to? I'm planning to get down there for the LSU game next year. It's not that the OSU or UK games are quiet because they aren't by any means, but when you are up 20 points in the 3rd quarter people start having other conversations, people start yelling at you to sit down, etc. If it was up to me I wish there were no seats at games. Just designated places to stand. Cram as many people in there as possible. But I'm probably the only person in the world that feels like that. Haha

What game did you go to? I'm planning to get down there for the LSU game next year. It's not that the OSU or UK games are quiet because they aren't by any means, but when you are up 20 points in the 3rd quarter people start having other conversations, people start yelling at you to sit down, etc. If it was up to me I wish there were no seats at games. Just designated places to stand. Cram as many people in there as possible. But I'm probably the only person in the world that feels like that. Haha

2013 game against Colorado State. We were in a private box in the endzone which made it even better! You would have thought Auburn was in town that day! Not an empty seat in the house and the stadium was rumbling! Man, they love their Tide down there!

JLaw is CRUSHING Ashley Judd. That's not even a fair competition.

I’ve always been happy that UofL has Jennifer Lawrence and not Ashley Judd. LOL

Although I have to say, politics aside – I DO get Ashley’s Chick Fil A bashing. I get creeped out every time I go in there. The workers seem cult’y with their pasted on smiles and “it’s my pleasure”.