Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashley Judd hammers Chik-fil-A for UK basketball promotion

Featured Replies

  • Replies 88
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Absolutely nothing wrong with the promotion. Hell, I'm not a UK fan but I'd cheer my butt off for some free Chik-Fil-A. Word up, 2C!

Ha, I thought you were being sarcastic with the "not acceptable" quip. You're my boy, Blue!

  • Author
Is this really "hammering" Chik Fil A ?

 

If it wasn't Ashley, nobody would care or RT anyway.

 

For the record, as long as Ms. Judd continues to put out covers and posters, I don't care who or what she tweets at....just sayin'

 

[ATTACH]59777[/ATTACH]

Continues? Has she put out any in the new millennium?

Brought over from the game thread:

 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cheering for the other team to miss promotion or no promotion. Her politics are extremely radical so I'm not a fan of her for that, but also she seems like she could care less about the football team and that rubs some people the wrong way. She was at the basketball game at Ole Miss on the eve of the first bowl game for UK in years. I'm being WAY to hard on her probably because I can't stand her politics because from what I've gathered she is left of Bernie Sanders, but I'm not sure what she actually gives to the University either. I'll let more diehard UK fans give their opinion on it because their opinion holds more weight than mine.

 

Being upset with her because she doesn't really seem to pull for the football team seems dumb to me. Maybe she doesn't like football. There is a large percentage of the Kentucky fanbase that doesn't care much about the football team at all, so I'm not sure why that matters. Heck, I went day drinking instead of watching their bowl game. And kept my eyes on the UL vs. IU basketball game more when at the bar. I hoped they won, but it didn't matter to me at all.

 

I'd be curious to know the amount of money that she has donated to different UK foundations, probably a lot more than the average fan and way more than the whopping $0 I've donated.

 

And what do her politics have to do with her tweet or this? FWIW, I am sure I don't agree with her politics.

Is this really "hammering" Chik Fil A ?

 

If it wasn't Ashley, nobody would care or RT anyway.

 

For the record, as long as Ms. Judd continues to put out covers and posters, I don't care who or what she tweets at....just sayin'

 

[ATTACH]59777[/ATTACH]

 

Yeah but it is Ashley. She has 280,000 followers and was Chris Shiherlis' wife in Heat.

  • Author
And what do her politics have to do with her tweet or this? FWIW, I am sure I don't agree with her politics.
A lot of people were upset with her stand against the coal industry. At least in EKY I know the attitude towards her has soured a lot.

 

As far as this tweet, I think if it were another company besides CFA she would have never said a word. That was where my comment came from above.

A lot of people were upset with her stand against the coal industry. At least in EKY I know the attitude towards her has soured a lot.

 

As far as this tweet, I think if it were another company besides CFA she would have never said a word. That was where my comment came from above.

She might as well be a Dixie Chick.

 

As far as this tweet, I think if it were another company besides CFA she would have never said a word. That was where my comment came from above.

 

Interesting point that I didn't really think of.

Brought over from the game thread:

 

 

 

Being upset with her because she doesn't really seem to pull for the football team seems dumb to me. Maybe she doesn't like football. There is a large percentage of the Kentucky fanbase that doesn't care much about the football team at all, so I'm not sure why that matters. Heck, I went day drinking instead of watching their bowl game. And kept my eyes on the UL vs. IU basketball game more when at the bar. I hoped they won, but it didn't matter to me at all.

 

I'd be curious to know the amount of money that she has donated to different UK foundations, probably a lot more than the average fan and way more than the whopping $0 I've donated.

 

And what do her politics have to do with her tweet or this? FWIW, I am sure I don't agree with her politics.

She may not like football. That's fine. But if she wants to be this celebrity endorsement for the school it would be a good look to show up at the bowl game. Just my $.02. She's a Hollywood actress. I have no idea of what you do for a living outside of being a vendor at sporting events which you seem to really enjoy, and sorry if I'm assuming too much here but she is worth millions of dollars she probably should have donated a lot more than you have. This tweet turned political to me because it was a very PC thing to say and it was something that someone from her political leanings would tend to say.

Ashley Judd, meh.

Right there with you man. The standards should be a little higher if you ask me.

The funniest thing here is that Ashley Judd thinks Chik-Fil-A cares what she thinks about promotions they worked out with UK...

But, thanks to this thread, I'm going to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. :lol2:

She may not like football. That's fine. But if she wants to be this celebrity endorsement for the school it would be a good look to show up at the bowl game. Just my $.02. She's a Hollywood actress. I have no idea of what you do for a living outside of being a vendor at sporting events which you seem to really enjoy, and sorry if I'm assuming too much here but she is worth millions of dollars she probably should have donated a lot more than you have. This tweet turned political to me because it was a very PC thing to say and it was something that someone from her political leanings would tend to say.

 

I just don't remember her ever really being known to support anything other than the basketball team, which is like the majority of UK fans that probably live outside of the state of Kentucky. And I'd even wonder about many that live in the state.

 

Personal side, you're good, I don't mind sharing. Beer vending is just a side job for fun that has turned into a hobby that I'm obsessed with haha! I have a full-time job besides it, but make no where near millions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.