Ashley Judd hammers Chik-fil-A for UK basketball promotion

Watusi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nothing wrong with the promotion. Hell, I'm not a UK fan but I'd cheer my butt off for some free Chik-Fil-A. Word up, 2C!

Ha, I thought you were being sarcastic with the "not acceptable" quip. You're my boy, Blue!

Is this really "hammering" Chik Fil A ?

If it wasn't Ashley, nobody would care or RT anyway.

For the record, as long as Ms. Judd continues to put out covers and posters, I don't care who or what she tweets at....just sayin'

[ATTACH]59777[/ATTACH]

Continues? Has she put out any in the new millennium?

Brought over from the game thread:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cheering for the other team to miss promotion or no promotion. Her politics are extremely radical so I'm not a fan of her for that, but also she seems like she could care less about the football team and that rubs some people the wrong way. She was at the basketball game at Ole Miss on the eve of the first bowl game for UK in years. I'm being WAY to hard on her probably because I can't stand her politics because from what I've gathered she is left of Bernie Sanders, but I'm not sure what she actually gives to the University either. I'll let more diehard UK fans give their opinion on it because their opinion holds more weight than mine.

Being upset with her because she doesn't really seem to pull for the football team seems dumb to me. Maybe she doesn't like football. There is a large percentage of the Kentucky fanbase that doesn't care much about the football team at all, so I'm not sure why that matters. Heck, I went day drinking instead of watching their bowl game. And kept my eyes on the UL vs. IU basketball game more when at the bar. I hoped they won, but it didn't matter to me at all.

I'd be curious to know the amount of money that she has donated to different UK foundations, probably a lot more than the average fan and way more than the whopping $0 I've donated.

And what do her politics have to do with her tweet or this? FWIW, I am sure I don't agree with her politics.

Is this really "hammering" Chik Fil A ?

If it wasn't Ashley, nobody would care or RT anyway.

For the record, as long as Ms. Judd continues to put out covers and posters, I don't care who or what she tweets at....just sayin'

[ATTACH]59777[/ATTACH]

Yeah but it is Ashley. She has 280,000 followers and was Chris Shiherlis' wife in Heat.

And what do her politics have to do with her tweet or this? FWIW, I am sure I don't agree with her politics.
A lot of people were upset with her stand against the coal industry. At least in EKY I know the attitude towards her has soured a lot.

As far as this tweet, I think if it were another company besides CFA she would have never said a word. That was where my comment came from above.

A lot of people were upset with her stand against the coal industry. At least in EKY I know the attitude towards her has soured a lot.

As far as this tweet, I think if it were another company besides CFA she would have never said a word. That was where my comment came from above.

She might as well be a Dixie Chick.

Brought over from the game thread:

Being upset with her because she doesn't really seem to pull for the football team seems dumb to me. Maybe she doesn't like football. There is a large percentage of the Kentucky fanbase that doesn't care much about the football team at all, so I'm not sure why that matters. Heck, I went day drinking instead of watching their bowl game. And kept my eyes on the UL vs. IU basketball game more when at the bar. I hoped they won, but it didn't matter to me at all.

I'd be curious to know the amount of money that she has donated to different UK foundations, probably a lot more than the average fan and way more than the whopping $0 I've donated.

She may not like football. That's fine. But if she wants to be this celebrity endorsement for the school it would be a good look to show up at the bowl game. Just my $.02. She's a Hollywood actress. I have no idea of what you do for a living outside of being a vendor at sporting events which you seem to really enjoy, and sorry if I'm assuming too much here but she is worth millions of dollars she probably should have donated a lot more than you have. This tweet turned political to me because it was a very PC thing to say and it was something that someone from her political leanings would tend to say.

She may not like football. That's fine. But if she wants to be this celebrity endorsement for the school it would be a good look to show up at the bowl game. Just my $.02. She's a Hollywood actress. I have no idea of what you do for a living outside of being a vendor at sporting events which you seem to really enjoy, and sorry if I'm assuming too much here but she is worth millions of dollars she probably should have donated a lot more than you have. This tweet turned political to me because it was a very PC thing to say and it was something that someone from her political leanings would tend to say.

I just don't remember her ever really being known to support anything other than the basketball team, which is like the majority of UK fans that probably live outside of the state of Kentucky. And I'd even wonder about many that live in the state.

Personal side, you're good, I don't mind sharing. Beer vending is just a side job for fun that has turned into a hobby that I'm obsessed with haha! I have a full-time job besides it, but make no where near millions.