Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin Football

Featured Replies

Since the Corbin vs. Bell County prediction thread got hijacked with the status of Corbin football, I posted this thread. If you feel the need to voice your opinion on whether or not Corbin has fell from glory or people are just overreacting, use this thread. Let's try to keep the prediction thread as a prediction thread as it was intended. This ongoing debate can be an interesting topic as long as we don't get personal with each other.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is coming from a Cumberland fan! So understand I may have some facts wrong.

 

I believe that Corbin is not the Corbin of old but here is the reason why.

Point one: I think everyone would agree that Two A football is way down and Corbin is not in the top 5.

 

Point Two:Now in the days of old in the early 80's and pretty much the whole 70's Corbin dominated teams! It didn't matter where they came from! Bring everyone on and they won. Now Corbin teams are getting beat, sometimes starting 0-5 and then winning the district! I think everyone would agree that thier district is way down!

 

Point Three: When was the last time Corbin won a state championship? If that is what you measure great teams with!

 

Point Four: This one is a rumor so take it as that and nothing more but some Corbin kids are playing for other schools such as LC, SL. Again point four is a rumor so it may not be valid.

 

I think Corbin football has not change but all of the other programs have so in short Corbin is a pretty good 2A football School but is not the Corbin of old.

 

P.S. At least you guys get a district championship every year, my team has not saw one in many!

Since the Corbin vs. Bell County prediction thread got hijacked with the status of Corbin football, I posted this thread. If you feel the need to voice your opinion on whether or not Corbin has fell from glory or people are just overreacting, use this thread. Let's try to keep the prediction thread as a prediction thread as it was intended. This ongoing debate can be an interesting topic as long as we don't get personal with each other.

 

Thanks, 82, this is the way to handle it. :thumb:

I'll admit that the these days, the name REDHOUND doesn't strike fear into the eyes of opponents. Sure they will always respect the tradition but any person can see that the Pride and Tradition is not near as strong. I think we have fine coaches and fine players so I won't point fingers at any individuals. There is always going to be a decision here or there that the coaches may miss or an assignment that the players may blow but it doesn't happen enough to cause a drop off.

 

Honestly, me and a buddy went and ate lunch yesterday and had this conversation. Is it the sissyfication of todays society that may cause players not to work as hard as they are used to because they are worried too much about playing playstation afterwards? Is it complication of the system? Is it the youth and inexperience? Is it that other teams have developed their programs, defenses, offenses, ect? Could it be that a certain person has moved about 3 states south? All of those questions have been brought up and it's impossible to answer it.

 

I personally think that it's a little mixture of everything but with a huge addition of lack of fan support. Don't get me wrong, Corbin has got some of the most supportive fans but a big portion of them don't seem to sit on their hands instead of being rabid like back in the day. It's like Kentucky basketball at Rupp arena. You hear all of this nonsense about the crazy atmosphere and intimidation. Hogwash, there are probably 5 gyms in the SEC more intimidating. Tradition will only intimidate you so far. The banners (title years on the scoreboard in Corbin's case) get peoples attention but it doesn't shake them up. The fans need to be packed in there and raising 3 types of you know what. I personally have no voice on Saturday mornings, everyone else needs to be in the same shape. A lot of the fans may be bored because of the lack of district competion therefore feel the need to not have to cheer. Hopefully getting out of that pathetic garbage district will change some things up.

 

I've been to every game this year and while I'm not happy with the 0-3 start, they at least never quit in those games. The only knock that I have against the product out on the field is that they seem to be soft. They have the talent and strength but seem to lack the attitude. Football shouldn't be about patting people on the butt and shaking hands. That's for after the game. I'm not saying play dirty and cheap shot but you got to be aggressive and mean. When you play, you play each play to make the guy across from you want to quit. I personally was unfortunately was deprived of that opportunity back in the day for reasons beyond my control. True Redhound, you know what I'm talking about that it takes... think the flyin shoe in Louisville haha. Toughness takes you a long way.

 

Yes a little toughness is missing. We have parents telling some of our kids how they are the best at their position, and the best on the team when the truth is the need to grow up and get a fire under their tale. Letters to the editor from a northener who know absolutley nothing about football, just a frustrated parent showing how little football sense they have.

Froom the other Thread:

 

The letter to the editor has nothing to do with the the hounds so called falling. It came from a man who was a little mixed up and not from around here to know what Corbin football is. And obviously knows nothing about the game at all. 8 plays????? this isn't pee-wee.

 

Thats what i am saying, the people doing it haven't a clue of what it means to be a redhound and how passionate the better part of the community is about it. Its more than a thing to do on friday night, more than somthing to talk about on here, and more than to let some idiot parents thoughts of frustration change any opinions. It is a way of life for most people here. Its not that the program is falling it is that the people moving in here stick their nose where they have no clue what is going on.

 

 

And PS unless you are around the program you need not make comments about what being a REDHOUND is or unless you have ever been one. That makes you look as senseless as the man who wrote the article.

True Redhound: I am sorry if my opinion offends you! I did not mean that at all. I just was stating what I thought about that particular program, I thought it would be a neat thread to read about what people are saying about the program!

I know how classy all Redhound fans are so I thought that it would be a neat to engage in a conversation with them.

If any of what I have said to be not factual, other than that rumor thing which I said was a rumor, please post or PM me and correct it!

Again, sorry didn't mean to rub you the wrong way!

Corbin football is full pride and tradition. They take it very serious, and they take it serious as to being the top dog in the area, which as another poster said area teams have caught with the hounds on talent, and other teams having as much if not more success in recent years then Corbin, has upset the faithful which it should not. A lot of people believe Corbin has it made, playing in the district that they do, and they do, but I think playing in that district, and playing in the west side of 2a has hurt Corbin in recent years. I think they lost some of the fire they had in big games that has made Corbin a great program. It is hard to get up for teams a long way from home, when you have no history with them. I think you will see a change in the Corbin program when they play teams in the eastern side of the state. The fire the Hounds have been lacking when they play Middlesboro, grant it they play the boro, but put a district title on the line in that game, and it will be huge.

Corbin football is full pride and tradition. They take it very serious, and they take it serious as to being the top dog in the area, which as another poster said area teams have caught with the hounds on talent, and other teams having as much if not more success in recent years then Corbin, has upset the faithful which it should not. A lot of people believe Corbin has it made, playing in the district that they do, and they do, but I think playing in that district, and playing in the west side of 2a has hurt Corbin in recent years. I think they lost some of the fire they had in big games that has made Corbin a great program. It is hard to get up for teams a long way from home, when you have no history with them. I think you will see a change in the Corbin program when they play teams in the eastern side of the state. The fire the Hounds have been lacking when they play Middlesboro, grant it they play the boro, but put a district title on the line in that game, and it will be huge.

 

I tend to agree with your statements.

 

I have noticed over the past several years that the fans(epecially the students)take the regular season for granted and really don't get much involved in any of those games. Football is a game of emotion and the players feed off of it in my opinion. You cannot begin to compare the atmosphere during the E-town or O-Catholic playoff games 2 years ago to any regular season game that I have seen in many years. The South Laurel fans for example seemed much more vocal than Corbin's the past couple of games played at Corbin.

 

Moving Corbin to the west probably contributed to this because they started playing teams that were not well-known by most fans and also the fact that Corbin has dominated the district for so long has made people complacent.

 

Corbin is not going to out-athlete you, so they have to outwork you and execute better than you if they are going to win titles.

Corbin was hurt when they lost the traditional rivalries such as Somerset, Middlesboro, Rock, etc. Even if they play these teams in the regular season, they don't mean as much to the average fans because nothing is on the line. To the die hard fans who eat breathe and know everything about the program then it is important to get these teams back on the schedule.

  • Author
Corbin was hurt when they lost the traditional rivalries such as Somerset, Middlesboro, Rock, etc. Even if they play these teams in the regular season, they don't mean as much to the average fans because nothing is on the line. To the die hard fans who eat breathe and know everything about the program then it is important to get these teams back on the schedule.

 

AMEN! How are the chances of Corbin and Rock getting things going evey year again looking?

Wait until you see who the first two games of next year? Big time competition.

Wait until you see who the first two games of next year? Big time competition.

 

How about telling the rest of us?

  • Author

Yes sir, I agree with 4chs. How about tellin the rest of us. Surely ya wouldn't hold this stuff from one of ya best buddie's would ya?

For Corbin fans, it is quite a change in philosiphy to become accustomed to losing to teams who in years past usually would not beat us. Most fans don't like the idea, which is natural. Now, whether fans are overreacting or the program has fallen from grace remains to be seen. The season is still young, and there is alot of football left to be played. It will be interesting to see how the players react friday night when Bell Co. arrives at Campbell Field.

Wait until you see who the first two games of next year? Big time competition.

 

:thumb: :thumb: to Coach Jewell for scheduling these games!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.