Russell 96 Bracken County 68

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not see this game, so hearing what happened will be insightful. I do know Coach Hinson likes to push his teams pretty hard through Christmas break. Steel doesn't gain its' strength until it is hardened by fire. His last year at AHS they had 7 games between the 20th-30th. This year Bracken has 6 scheduled between 22nd-30th. One could argue the Bears might be a little leg weary after 5 of those games with one more to go tomorrow night in Ripley.

Surprised because 16th Region is very weak and Russell was not in top half of teams. Brossart hung tight with Greenup County today and GC supposed to be in top 5 of 16th. Bears lucky they still have two months to turn things around.

Maybe the 16th isn't as bad as we all thought. Myself included. I know there is no dominant team and Elliott, Boyd and West are probably the best the region offers. But Rowan, West Carter, Greenup and Russell aren't terrible teams.

Maybe the 16th isn't as bad as we all thought. Myself included. I know there is no dominant team and Elliott, Boyd and West are probably the best the region offers. But Rowan, West Carter, Greenup and Russell aren't terrible teams.

Agreed. Not terrible, just so-so.

After Bracken hung with Boyd County who is considered to be the best 16th region team I thought for Sure Russell would lose this one. This 28 point margin of victory is really insane.

It's all about matchups. I really have never been a person who says well so and so beat team A by 3 points and we only lost to team B by 5 so we can hang with them.

Can't say Bracken County was "tired" because Russell played 3 games in 3 days the same as everyone else in the AIT did.

Russell is not that bad of a team. Gave Greenup County all they wanted in their first meeting this season.

So what type of team is bracken then ?? Because before it was they got beat by the top ranked team in the 16th by 4 on a bad call, now they get driller by a team that's maybe a 7 or 8 in the 16th

So what type of team is bracken then ?? Because before it was they got beat by the top ranked team in the 16th by 4 on a bad call, now they get driller by a team that's maybe a 7 or 8 in the 16th

Russell is 6th in the 16th. Beat Campbell and and are 2-5 since then. One step forward and then two steps back. Next big game is one week from tonight at home against Pendleton County.