Russell 96 Bracken County 68

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime you have a player like him you have a chance for a post season run...but only if he puts up big numbers.

Let him get 15 and see how short your post season is.

I disagree, if he can involve his team it will take pressure off him and he will get way more open looks. If he's the only scorer out there they would be awfully easy to beat.

Clyde put up a thread on Dec. 28 titled NKy Scoring Efficiency. Must be this new advanced sybermetrics analysis and only took a snapshot look at 20 of top scorers in NKy. If you utilize the same methodology on Bracken's last 4 games, it does bring to light that the load Crawford is carrying may be getting a little heavy. His scoring efficiency crashed from the 1st 8 games @ .961 to .786 during the last 4. FT% went down from 75.3% to only 57.4%, while his FG% went from 44.7% to 38.0% during those same 4 games. 3FG% also slid from 29.4% to 18.2%. All the while his non-fouled shots per game increased from 19 to 21.

My point being that the load he is carrying and the expectations of some of the BGPosters is a burden that could be more than even superman would find overload. I would suggest root for this young man and back off the pressure of he needs to do more, shoot more, and score more garbage. It will take a TEAM effort to go where Bracken loyalists are expecting. Polar Bears will right the ship impressively tonight.

Clyde put up a thread on Dec. 28 titled NKy Scoring Efficiency. Must be this new advanced sybermetrics analysis and only took a snapshot look at 20 of top scorers in NKy. If you utilize the same methodology on Bracken's last 4 games, it does bring to light that the load Crawford is carrying may be getting a little heavy. His scoring efficiency crashed from the 1st 8 games @ .961 to .786 during the last 4. FT% went down from 75.3% to only 57.4%, while his FG% went from 44.7% to 38.0% during those same 4 games. 3FG% also slid from 29.4% to 18.2%. All the while his non-fouled shots per game increased from 19 to 21.

My point being that the load he is carrying and the expectations of some of the BGPosters is a burden that could be more than even superman would find overload. I would suggest root for this young man and back off the pressure of he needs to do more, shoot more, and score more garbage. It will take a TEAM effort to go where Bracken loyalists are expecting. Polar Bears will right the ship impressively tonight.

To be clear my calc was showing how many points the team gets every time a player shoots a 2 or a 3 (and it doesn't count FGA when there was a foul so it's not perfect).

For example, Crawford was 10/28 last night with 1 of the 10 being a 3. So BC got 21 points on his 28 shots which means they got .75 points per shot attempt.

For the year he's now at .89. He's a volume scorer. I'd have to look at other volume scorers (vs say the two kids at CCH who both are at about 1.2 to 1.3) to see what volume scorers points per shot attempt is.

Thanks for that BOLD prediction Oldercoach. Bears are favored by about 25 in this one. So a win tonight by any less will be attributed to fatigue right?