Russell 96 Bracken County 68

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the 10th stinks.

Campbell County, Paris, Clark County, Scott and Mason have separated themselves from the pack this week but overall I've said in other threads this is the weakest 10th region I've ever seen personally and that goes back to the early 70's.

Bracken regroups big tomorrow against Felicity. Will be shocked if they don't win by as much as they want. Hope the support team grows in this blowout win. IMO, BC needs to focus on non-Crawford halfcourt offense. His will always be there. Theirs is what will be the difference at tourney time.

Bracken is just not good. Their whole offense is to let Crawford do whatever he wants. He's a nice player. But not the type that's going to put a team on his back and carry them to some big wins.
Against Boyd and Campbell they had 3 or more players with double digit-scoring. Need more of that if they want to be successful.

Russell is 6th in the 16th. Beat Campbell and and are 2-5 since then. One step forward and then two steps back. Next big game is one week from tonight at home against Pendleton County.

I'd venture to say that Bracken's next big game is the next game they play. You have to do a post mortem on this tournament to understand what went wrong but more importantly what it takes to correct it then forget it. Move forward one game at a time focusing on improving or conversely, deny what problems exist and get the same results. Which game was a fluke? The Campbell County game or the Russell game? If they're serious about getting better you can't make excuses, blame it on referee calls, scheduling, etc.

Just my opinion and advice from experience and not a knock toward anyone, or based upon inside information (I certainly don't have any), etc. One old guys humble assessment.

I think Bracken thought there season ended when they played Campbell.Since then Campbell is 8-0 and Bracken 2-6 that's the difference between a good team and a bad one right now
Russell is the only game in that 2-6 game stretch that they should now have lost to. I think Bracken County is a good team, just had a bad game. At least it happened in December and not in February.

Which game was a fluke? The Campbell County game or the Russell game? If they're serious about getting better you can't make excuses, blame it on referee calls, scheduling, etc.

Neither game was a fluke. We just saw Bracken County's ceiling, along with their floor.

I like the scheduling of 4 games in a row because I'm the district/regional tournament you have to play many tough games in a row with little to no preparation.