Ryle 61 Eastern 58

Isnt that 4 or 5 double-doubles for Schwartz, JJ? Impressive as Ryle has had a tough run in December. Got run over by Simon Kenton and Holmes with the PG Scherr out hurt, but got wins over Mason, now Eastern. No cream puffs on their schedule so far! Tomorrow the Lady Raiders face top ten Murray.

On the road tonight and didn't get to see the Murray v Scott matchup but did listen to the Murray radio call and the Murray announcer was very complementary of the Scott team. Murray was able to squeeze out the win. Looking forward to seeing the Murray v Ryle matchup tomorrow. I've read a lot of nice things about some of the young talent at Ryle. Murray has a very good starting 5 but are not very deep otherwise. Murray's coach Turner has enough experience that I feel confident they won't be looking ahead to a potential semifinal game with Butler. On paper I was a little surprised that Ryle came out on top of Easrern but congrats to Ryle. Was this considered an upset by those in the know?

Either way this is a really nice win for a young Ryle team, but I have to ask...is Eastern struggling a little? They were also blown out by SH recently too. Don't keep up with them too much, but just curious.

Eastern couldn't miss the first half... struggled the second half but Scherr struggled all night for Ryle and fouled out with almost 4 minutes to go in the game. Mcgregor was outstanding with 16 points and tons of rebounding and some steals as well. She plays probably half of the amount of minutes with her asthma issues but her production is really a huge difference maker for the team. Schwartz had an outstanding game. Scherr is an asset even having a bad night but will need her A game today to hang with Murray and make it a game.

Eastern couldn't miss the first half... struggled the second half but Scherr struggled all night for Ryle and fouled out with almost 4 minutes to go in the game. Mcgregor was outstanding with 16 points and tons of rebounding and some steals as well. She plays probably half of the amount of minutes with her asthma issues but her production is really a huge difference maker for the team. Schwartz had an outstanding game. Scherr is an asset even having a bad night but will need her A game today to hang with Murray and make it a game.

Hopefully you know my intent was not to minimize Ryle's win. I have been a promoter of this Ryle team all year!

My intent was to get the feeling from Eastern. They were blown out by SH in a game that I think many felt would be a lot closer and now beaten by a rebuilding Ryle team (that has a lot of young talent) that is up and down and maybe a year away. So being a basketball guy and have not seen Eastern this year, just trying to get the feeling if they are just struggling right now or are there other factors that have caused some of their unexpected results.

Didn't take it that way at all RCC9... it was a valid question. I don't know enough about Easterm to answer that question with any integrity. Just knew Ryle was the underdog...

Good! When I re-read my message, it looked like it could be taken that way. Wasn't meant that way.