Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions

Featured Replies

Okay, let's hear it. Friday night in Ft. Mitchell these two will get after again.

 

What say you?

 

 

I think CCH wins something like 28-10.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath will have to make the adjustment to playing a Friday night game.

If Beechwood can contain Sutton and Bovard I think they can win the game but I don't know how Beechwood is going to do that.

Okay, let's hear it. Friday night in Ft. Mitchell these two will get after again.

 

What say you?

 

 

I think CCH wins something like 28-10.

Thats not cool, you beat me to it, and I wanted to see what my CCH helmet looked like....:fight:

If Beechwood can contain Sutton and Bovard I think they can win the game but I don't know how Beechwood is going to do that.

 

Won't disagree with you on your comment, but after watching the NCC game, Beechwood had better work on their special teams. With Joe and Brandon running back kickoff and punts, and with Pop and Josh kicking, CovCath has to have one of the best special team squads in High School football, and I am not talking just Kentucky..... Pop was kicking 55 yard FG's in practice, and was 6 for 6 with kickoff into the end zone, and Josh was just booming the ball high and deep. In fact after one punt the entire CovCath section stood and cheered him as he jogged off the field....The CovCath specials teams are a huge weapon that the opposing teams must stop, if they want to beat the Colonels.....

Colonels make it 3 years in a row.

 

CCH 27

Beechwood 14

CCH 28

Beechwood 7

 

The "two headed monster" of Joe Casteneda and Brandon Brown make their debut of switching series at tailback and run for over 200 yards for the Colonels

Won't disagree with you on your comment, but after watching the NCC game, Beechwood had better work on their special teams. With Joe and Brandon running back kickoff and punts, and with Pop and Josh kicking, CovCath has to have one of the best special team squads in High School football, and I am not talking just Kentucky..... Pop was kicking 55 yard FG's in practice, and was 6 for 6 with kickoff into the end zone, and Josh was just booming the ball high and deep. In fact after one punt the entire CovCath section stood and cheered him as he jogged off the field....The CovCath specials teams are a huge weapon that the opposing teams must stop, if they want to beat the Colonels.....

 

:thumb: Right On. A lot of teams take Special Teams for granted, and CovCath is using that to their advantage.

CCH 28

Beechwood 7

 

The "two headed monster" of Joe Casteneda and Brandon Brown make their debut of switching series at tailback and run for over 200 yards for the Colonels

 

I bet the two headed monster will fly but there aren't enough carries for 200 yards IMO. With the incredible talent that they have at receiver, and due to the fact that both BB and Joe play defense, there will be more passing then running for a while.

21-0.

 

Little bit of an offensive lapse, but I think that the defense is hungry to get a shutout.

Saturdays game showed that Bradon needs a blow from time to time to play at the level he does on both "D" and "O", having Joe spell him from time to time is the way to go. If I were the opposing team, I would hit Bradon on each and every play requiring him to pick himself up after each play be it on the O side or the D side of the ball. Not quite sure that he can last not only each game doing that, but I worry if he is strong enough to take the hits over the course of the season (remember he didn't play on the O side last year, or at least, not very much).... Going both ways against the competition that CovCath plays each week will be tough if Brandon is getting the number of plays on both sides of the ball that he got this week.......I am very much concerned about what kind of shape he will be in by the last game of the regular seaosn.....

 

Joe is such a pleasure to watch when he gets the ball in his hands and not only does he feel, but so do the fans, that he can score each time he does get that ball in his hands. I would love to see him on the "O" side of the ball, with Josh throwing him either a screen pass, or hitting him coming out of the back field. I also would use Joe as a decoy faking a reverse, as the "D" with him in the backfield, would have to have a man or two follow him at all times........ Is there really any reason why Joe is not playing on the "O" side of the ball.....Any reason at all????? Anyone???

Covington Catholice 28

Beechwood 20

21-0.

 

Little bit of an offensive lapse, but I think that the defense is hungry to get a shutout.

 

It definately will be a tough game for the Tigers, but a shutout? The Tigers got shut out last week for the first time in 7 years. Don't see it happening two weeks in a row.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.