Michelle Obama feels what having no hope feels like.

jericho

I just got back from Oahu a month ago. It's actually not nearly as expensive a trip as I had imagined. Hotel rates are comparable to mainland major destinations. Food is not overpriced. And there are plenty of affordable (and free) sightseeing and tourism options. The major expense is the flight.

What airline did you use? Been thinking about going.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from Oahu a month ago. It's actually not nearly as expensive a trip as I had imagined. Hotel rates are comparable to mainland major destinations. Food is not overpriced. And there are plenty of affordable (and free) sightseeing and tourism options. The major expense is the flight.

It was more beautiful than I expected when I had my layover there. I hope to take the wife there one day to one of their resorts but I don't think she can handle the flight.

Where is his home? Does he have a home there? I dont know. I was under the impression it was in Chicago.

His family trips for the holidays have always been back to Hawaii. From what I have gathered they will still be staying in the D.C. area once he officially leaves office. I'm thinking they left Illinois once he upgraded from a senator to POTUS.

It was more beautiful than I expected when I had my layover there. I hope to take the wife there one day to one of their resorts but I don't think she can handle the flight.

Many people fly to LA or San Fran and stay there a night or two before going over to the Islands. That does 2 things...break up the flight, and help adjust to the time difference.

And it was far more than I ever imagined. The beauty, the people, just everything. I know of a job opportunity there and I'm fighting with myself not to try for it. :lol2:

Many people fly to LA or San Fran and stay there a night or two before going over to the Islands. That does 2 things...break up the flight, and help adjust to the time difference.

And it was far more than I ever imagined. The beauty, the people, just everything. I know of a job opportunity there and I'm fighting with myself not to try for it. :lol2:

So you are saying its well worth the trip, lol. Thanks.

I was on Delta but Corning paid for my flight and I was just on a layover. I love Delta though. Flew from Atlanta to Honolulu. About an 8-9 hour flight.

Same flight for me. And work paid for my whole trip, but since I booked it, I know the costs. Also, I forgot to mention the ABC stores. Made souvenir shopping outstandingly affordable.

Man, you better at least interview for it. I'd be trying hard for that gig.

When I went it was Memphis to Minneapolis to Honolulu. On the way back it was Honolulu to LA to Memphis...worst part of the trip was one of the movies was Jumanji, I was looking for a door to jump out of the plane :lol2:

RM is right, once you get past the airline price the rest of the trip cost about as much as a week on the beach in Florida or South Carolina.

As far as this topic goes, I have never understood anyone complaining about the President's Vacations or time away from DC at a second home. It's not like they aren't still working, when either side complain it is just because they are looking for something to complain about. When all of the waste is cut out of DC come back to me and we'll discuss Presidential Travel until then I'm not worried about it.

Where is his home? Does he have a home there? I dont know. I was under the impression it was in Chicago.

I live in Ky. But I was born in Delaware. And when I travel there, I say I'm going home. I see no problem with Obama going back to his place of birth for the holidays. He spends a lot of time in Hawaii...he's from there...so what if that's where he chooses to spend his holiday. I hope he gets a round or two of golf in while he's there.

His family trips for the holidays have always been back to Hawaii. From what I have gathered they will still be staying in the D.C. area once he officially leaves office. I'm thinking they left Illinois once he upgraded from a senator to POTUS.
You can't blame Obama for calling Hawaii home instead of Chicago. If somebody else was paying for my vacations back home, I sure would not admit that Chicago was my home.

I really hope that Obama changes his mind about staying in the DC area. If not, hopefully he will settle in the Peoples Republic of Maryland rather than the Commonwealth of Virginia. We already have enough left wing kooks here in NOVA.