Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 35 Boyd County 0

Featured Replies

I have to agree with FBall on this one. As far as talent goes, Boyd Co. had just as much as the other local schools. We all know that you can't win on talent alone though, and with all the problems and fighting they had among themselves it didn't add up to a very good team.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

 

:eek: Hmm, well ok.

If you would have watched them play the game I saw you would agree. By the time they played Ashland last year they had fallen apart.

Boyd Co. is really struggling this year. How many coaches has Boyd had in the last 5-10 years. I would like to see them get this together but at this point in the season Boyd looks like they may be the worst team in the district. Congrats to Russell on the win.

 

What are you talking about! Yes BC is down but very young,they are 2-2 and has lost the two, to ranked teams in the state.So please tell me how do you see this?

Why doesn't Evans get more chances to kick FG's? Russell passed a chance to let him try about a 35-40 yarder. If the Devils get in a situation where they need a FG, he won't have the experience to do it. It would do his confidence good. He kicks deep FG's in the pregames and never misses practice where he is constantly nailing FG's. Evans' kickoffs are also going pretty deep, except when the coaches call for the squibs.

Congrats to Ivan and his wife. Thanks for all the years. Well deserving of naming the field. Russell knocked some more rust off this week and has need of some adjustments. Some players need to remember it takes 11 on the field. There is no "I" in team. Ethan Gullett was the leader friday night. #23 Evans kicking game is looking good. Keep up the confidence. Hope Russell can get focused thru these district games. The talent is there just needs to be placed in the right positions. :fire: :fire: :fire:

If you would have watched them play the game I saw you would agree. By the time they played Ashland last year they had fallen apart.

 

Boyd will be the opposite this year, they will be better by end of year.

 

No offense, GIAT, but I predicted Ashland over Belfry, so now I am going with this prediction......Boyd over Ashland.....

 

(That ought to get things going a bit....:thumb: )

Agree on Ethan .... great to see him take control ,posted such before we this thread became Boyd focused ...

 

Also agree Devils have more than enough talent. The coaches will use the upcoming "cupcake " portion of the schedule to sort thru. Looking for a much different team in week 3 of the playoffs...

 

Also think #10 is a player , #40 will be with more snaps and need to find a regular place for #5 ..... Does anyone know why #55 didn't play ?

Why doesn't Evans get more chances to kick FG's? Russell passed a chance to let him try about a 35-40 yarder. If the Devils get in a situation where they need a FG, he won't have the experience to do it. It would do his confidence good. He kicks deep FG's in the pregames and never misses practice where he is constantly nailing FG's. Evans' kickoffs are also going pretty deep, except when the coaches call for the squibs.

 

 

I would also like to see him get more chances at the FG. Let's face it it was only 4 years ago when a FG was the game winner in the playoff game against Mason County. I'm sure Ivan knows what he is doing.

I think he grabbed it with both hands and tore the helmet off. It did not look like he let go until the helmet was off.

 

Look at this way. If a player has all of his momentum going forward and you bring him to a dead stop, you did not release the face mask. It turned his head completely around.

 

It was amazing he was able to stay on his feet. That really says something about Clark's strength and balance.

 

If someone has the film please look at it and correct me. My eyes are going bad or I'm seeing things again. It appeared to me that the BC player had a hold of it let go and the a split second later it got knocked off. You would think I would just shut up when everyone else saw the BC player tear it off with two hands. Stubborn I guess.

Maybe I was not watching closely as some others were but I thought the kid had a hold of the face mask let go and then the helmet got knocked off.

 

 

No, the kid had a hold of the facemask. Kasey then kinda pull is head out the bottom.

No, the kid had a hold of the facemask. Kasey then kinda pull is head out the bottom.

 

Thanks.

Where is the Blue Blazer??? He must be out celebrating passing the Praxis Test, I want to know why I wasn't invited?? I passed too!

Not celebrating I've had the kids all weekend and and Mrs. Blue Blazer was at a nursing conference in Cincinnati! Anyway it was an amazing night at the Hank with the dedication to Coach McGlone:thumb: It was a coaches dream to see the support of the community and then his team came out with a 35-0 shut out over a rival! Nice win for Russell before the start of district play!

:sleep:

I have to agree with FBall on this one. As far as talent goes, Boyd Co. had just as much as the other local schools. We all know that you can't win on talent alone though, and with all the problems and fighting they had among themselves it didn't add up to a very good team.

having talent and knowing how to use it is two totally different things. Hopefully evans will figure that part out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.