Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 35 Boyd County 0

Featured Replies

Well what it is, just politics and money basically. Ya got the parents that let the kids just go do their thing and support them, then you have the parents that will do ANYTHING to make sure their kid is top spot even if they don't deserve it. Then throw in a coach that one of the parents gets to and decides yea let's make this one kid the star and it all goes to Hades in a handbasket real quick. And they're just get'n tired of loosing I think.

Bc rules, you keep throwing politics and money into the equation. I'm pretty close to the program and I know of none of this. So pm me and let me in on this little secret, I'm real curious.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys must really not have watched them play last season. Just because they are in shotgun four wide, they only would throw the ball like 12-15 times a game. Ask their stat guy, I did last night. He even thinks its funny that you get on here and say things like that. Plus Red Blood you make fun of Boyd running a three man front on D, well so does Russell, they run a 3-4 D. And they won a state title last season. It does not matter what you run of O or D, its all about the players.

You are exactly right, BC did not throw that much last yr. but everyone seems to think that because they lined up in the spread. They ran the exact same off. and def. that WVA. runs, seems to work OK for them. By the way BC averaged 6.5 yds. per play last yr. including sacks, turnovers etc. BC had some disipline and chemistry problems last yr. but the off. was fine.

having talent and knowing how to use it is two totally different things. Hopefully evans will figure that part out.

 

If for some reason Coach Evans doesnt "figure that part out", Im sure there are a number of BC supporters to assist with that process. :D

 

My "hope" is that the avid lion supporters give Lee Evans a reasonable chance to accomplish what he is capable of.

 

Best of luck to the county...it just wont be as much fun October 27th if the lions are having another sub-par season.

Bc rules, you keep throwing politics and money into the equation. I'm pretty close to the program and I know of none of this. So pm me and let me in on this little secret, I'm real curious.

Well if your that close to the program, then you should know what I'm talking about and don't need a pm to enlighten ya. Just sit around and listen to parents or ask them. If your not a coach then they'll happily tell you anything your wanting to know.

If for some reason Coach Evans doesnt "figure that part out", Im sure there are a number of BC supporters to assist with that process. :D

 

My "hope" is that the avid lion supporters give Lee Evans a reasonable chance to accomplish what he is capable of.

 

Best of luck to the county...it just wont be as much fun October 27th if the lions are having another sub-par season.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Well if your that close to the program, then you should know what I'm talking about and don't need a pm to enlighten ya. Just sit around and listen to parents or ask them. If your not a coach then they'll happily tell you anything your wanting to know.

But you're the only one that I keep hearing say that politics and money have anything to do with playing time. I have not seen this, nor do I believe it so maybe you could enlighten me.

But you're the only one that I keep hearing say that politics and money have anything to do with playing time. I have not seen this, nor do I believe it so maybe you could enlighten me.

 

I don't see how anyone can say that politics or money have anything to do with BC's team. Let's just face it, we don't have as much talent as we have had in the past and Coach Evans is just putting out the best that he has on the field. I haven't noticed any subs or anyone on the bench playing better than any of the starters.

I believe that Coach Evans will do what he feels is best for the team. He will be right sometimes and he will be wrong sometimes. He will always be a good role model for these young men and will always expect them to give all. It will be 3 or 4 years before you realize fully the impact that he will have. Until then we should all support him.

I believe that Coach Evans will do what he feels is best for the team. He will be right sometimes and he will be wrong sometimes. He will always be a good role model for these young men and will always expect them to give all. It will be 3 or 4 years before you realize fully the impact that he will have. Until then we should all support him.

 

 

Is that a “little” Yak I see pictured in your avatar?? :thumb:

I don't see how anyone can say that politics or money have anything to do with BC's team. Let's just face it, we don't have as much talent as we have had in the past and Coach Evans is just putting out the best that he has on the field. I haven't noticed any subs or anyone on the bench playing better than any of the starters.

Politics and money have nothing to do with playing time! Coach Evans is a good man and he will not buy into that, he is simply trying to put his best 11 on the field. Everyone may not be playing in the best position for them but it is where the team needs them. We do have lots of talent we are just very young, playing lots of soph.'s and jr.'s. So we are going to take our lumps for a while. I think some people are just upset about thier son's playing time or lack of. Just give Coach Evans time and this team will be good.

Politics and money have nothing to do with playing time! Coach Evans is a good man and he will not buy into that, he is simply trying to put his best 11 on the field. Everyone may not be playing in the best position for them but it is where the team needs them. We do have lots of talent we are just very young, playing lots of soph.'s and jr.'s. So we are going to take our lumps for a while. I think some people are just upset about thier son's playing time or lack of. Just give Coach Evans time and this team will be good.

 

:thumb: If kids want more playing time, then they have to be willing to work for it. I think that is why we are starting to see Ryan Crisp in the backfield more often, hope he continues to work hard so that we can see more of him there.

Is that a “little” Yak I see pictured in your avatar?? :thumb:

That is one of the little yaks. He is giving his well wishes to the ball carrier on the opposing team. Funny thing is that ball carrier is one of his best friends. If the Lord allows maybe someday I will get to watch him on Friday nights.

Politics and money have nothing to do with playing time! Coach Evans is a good man and he will not buy into that, he is simply trying to put his best 11 on the field. Everyone may not be playing in the best position for them but it is where the team needs them. We do have lots of talent we are just very young, playing lots of soph.'s and jr.'s. So we are going to take our lumps for a while. I think some people are just upset about thier son's playing time or lack of. Just give Coach Evans time and this team will be good.

 

Well said 3NO. :thumb:

I think some people are just upset about thier son's playing time or lack of.

 

 

If you hang around Boyd very much, it wont take you long to figure out who that is....:thumb:

 

I honestly dont see any kids out of position on Offense. Wilson is doing the best he can at QB and is young, but the other players definetly need to stay at RB, because they are our best threat there.

 

I dont have much comment on the Defense, never been a big fan of Evans Defense, but Evans is such a great guy, that I hope his Defense proves me wrong...!

If you hang around Boyd very much, it wont take you long to figure out who that is....:thumb:

 

I honestly dont see any kids out of position on Offense. Wilson is doing the best he can at QB and is young, but the other players definetly need to stay at RB, because they are our best threat there.

 

I dont have much comment on the Defense, never been a big fan of Evans Defense, but Evans is such a great guy, that I hope his Defense proves me wrong...!

Boyd will struggle here. Coach Evans will have to feel the brunt of a years worth of bragging endured by the Red Devils.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.