Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#11 UCLA at #1 Kentucky Predictions

Who wins? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Untiversity of Kentucky
      100%
    • University of California at Los Angeles
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think Kentucky wins by about 12....I'll say 97-85. Both these teams like to get up and down the floor.

 

UCLA is averaging 97 ppg. Kentucky is averaging 96 ppg.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing this game and I hope they keep it at 12:30pm.

 

I say Cats win 84 - 75.

 

I think Kentucky wins by about 12....I'll say 97-85. Both these teams like to get up and down the floor.

 

UCLA is averaging 97 ppg. Kentucky is averaging 96 ppg.

 

I'm thinking an 8-12 point victory for UK. I can see this game being a little bit like the UK/IU NCAA Tourney game from 2012 where UK won a high-scoring affair by 12. I think both teams will struggle to stop the other.

96-78 . Brad doesnt play and Cal gets no lay.

 

Based on what I've seen from the first seven games I'm hoping Cal gets less and less lay as the year goes on! :lol2:

College basketball might not be as popular as many think (with the exceptions of the state's of Kentucky, North Carolina, and Kansas) but a game between the top two teams with the most national championships, and both highly rated with high octane offenses, would definitely be of national interest to more than just the casual fan.

 

However, it would be very difficult to change a game time at such a late date. Ticket holders have already made their plans for that day, such as travel, and it would be big for it to be changed a few days before the game. I don't think UK would agree to it even if CBS requested a change.

 

Oh, I agree. But it still wouldn't rise to the justification of putting it on in prime time. ABC last year just began showcasing NBA games on Saturday night. Football you can do it, but not basketball.

College basketball might not be as popular as many think (with the exceptions of the state's of Kentucky, North Carolina, and Kansas) but a game between the top two teams with the most national championships, and both highly rated with high octane offenses, would definitely be of national interest to more than just the casual fan.

 

However, it would be very difficult to change a game time at such a late date. Ticket holders have already made their plans for that day, such as travel, and it would be big for it to be changed a few days before the game. I don't think UK would agree to it even if CBS requested a change.

 

I would bet it would have more to do with it being Championship Weekend in College Football than your second paragraph.

Oh, I agree. But it still wouldn't rise to the justification of putting it on in prime time. ABC last year just began showcasing NBA games on Saturday night. Football you can do it, but not basketball.

 

That's true. Prime time is called that for a reason, and the major networks are about getting the most viewers for those time slots. Unless it's the NCAA tournament, college basketball doesn't meet that qualification.

Who wins?

 

 

Side note: Heard yesterday that this game may be moved to prime time instead of the 12:30pm tipoff noted on the schedule. Has anyone else heard this?

 

Tip is still 12:30. For future reference you should get an email from the UK ticket office any time there is a time change for games if you have an online account set up with them. Also UK Basketball's twitter account issued a tweet to paint Rupp Arena blue and white for this one and showed a seating chart with which sections will be blue or white. One would assume that this means shirts will be placed in the seats, but you never know.

As for the game I'll take the Cats by 20-25 if UCLA doesn't change their game plan and try and slow the game down. I know the Bruins can run, but no one is going to beat these Cat's that way.

As for the game I'll take the Cats by 20

 

 

I agree. Running with this Kentucky team is likely suicide. However, I don't see UCLA straying from their usual M.O.

LOL This isn't my normal gig - starting prediction threads. I really just wanted to hear if anyone else knew about a possible time change. I have tickets and the tipoff time determines if I can go or not.

 

I hope you are able to go. Should be a good game, great atmosphere.

  • Author
I hope you are able to go. Should be a good game, great atmosphere.

 

Sold my tickets. :sour:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.