November 21, 20169 yr As much as it sucks to have a losing season. It really could be a good thing. They do still have a good nucleus but need a new voice leading them. Plus obviously there are some players that need to go that they need to replace. Agreed. There is a reason the Patriots and the Steelers are the 2 best franchises in the NFL. They let players go a year early rather than a year too late. The Bengals let a lot of players stick around a year too long this year and got rid of some players that are producing great on other teams. Pac-Man just doesn't have the quickness he used to have, once a cornerback loses that step he is finished. Exhibit A: Darrell Revis. If the team wants to stay loyal to Pac-Man I think he would be a serviceable safety still. But it is troubling to me that we have 2 first round cornerbacks on our team (3 if you count Will Jackson), and neither seems to be able to cover a receiver without any safety help. You draft corners in the first round so you can leave them 1 on 1. We let Andre Smith go and that was a great move, but Ogbuehi hasn't shown me first round potential yet. Whitworth is probably one of the year too late kind of guys, even though I personally love the guy. The interior line is pretty much trash the way I look at it and was trash last year too. I don't know what to think of Gio and Hill anymore. Hill has shown flashes this year, then games like today he disappears. Gio looks indecisive on every cut he makes. But I don't know if you can blame that on them of the O line. I think Zeke Elliott would probably look mediocre behind this line. Mauluaga's time is up, another year too late kind of guy. I like the core of the team still, but I'm hoping to see quite a few new faces next year.
November 21, 20169 yr Dont the players play the game? Bengals dont have a lot of talent on this team.
November 21, 20169 yr This loss hurts so bad. I now realize my team has lost the season. I need help please! Send me some play dough. Maybe we should go to Buffalo and protest that they beat my team? Even though they won fair and square, we missed 2 points that should have been. It's just not fair. I wanted the Bengals to win and they didn't. Now what do I do? I guess I wait till next year. And I do have the Reds. Oh boy.
November 21, 20169 yr Author Agreed. There is a reason the Patriots and the Steelers are the 2 best franchises in the NFL. They let players go a year early rather than a year too late. The Bengals let a lot of players stick around a year too long this year and got rid of some players that are producing great on other teams. Pac-Man just doesn't have the quickness he used to have, once a cornerback loses that step he is finished. Exhibit A: Darrell Revis. If the team wants to stay loyal to Pac-Man I think he would be a serviceable safety still. But it is troubling to me that we have 2 first round cornerbacks on our team (3 if you count Will Jackson), and neither seems to be able to cover a receiver without any safety help. You draft corners in the first round so you can leave them 1 on 1. We let Andre Smith go and that was a great move, but Ogbuehi hasn't shown me first round potential yet. Whitworth is probably one of the year too late kind of guys, even though I personally love the guy. The interior line is pretty much trash the way I look at it and was trash last year too. I don't know what to think of Gio and Hill anymore. Hill has shown flashes this year, then games like today he disappears. Gio looks indecisive on every cut he makes. But I don't know if you can blame that on them of the O line. I think Zeke Elliott would probably look mediocre behind this line. Mauluaga's time is up, another year too late kind of guy. I like the core of the team still, but I'm hoping to see quite a few new faces next year. Good points on all those. The stat they showed today kind of sums up our Bengs, in their last 11 games against teams with winning records they are now 0-10-1, just simply didn't realize that!!
November 21, 20169 yr Well now that I have had time to process and travel with the lovely lady to Indy for the night, this is one we let get away. Also, we are just not very good. Rex tries to give us the game by throwing on third down with 2:30 left. When 37% of your offense is gone you score twice, which is about right. When you depend on a player like AJ (not saying they shouldn't) when he goes down, well, you aren't gonna be very good. They took Eifert out of the game and squeaked one out on us. They also lost Shady and Woods, although not Green, two cogs to their offense. This is just not a very good team >>>>>sigh>>>> Edited November 21, 20169 yr by Bengal Maniac
November 21, 20169 yr I have indeed lost my love. Deep down, I hate it though. Makes me sad if I let myself think about it. I guess I could always return to my first football love(Raiders). NOT!!!
November 21, 20169 yr Why is Boling playing if he's too hurt to do the job, he missed so many blocks today he looked like a JFL player, not to mention the big holding call on the last drive. What does that tell you about their backups?
November 21, 20169 yr News sources saying Burfict may be fined for throwing double birds. He should be fined. Act like the professional you are paid to be.
November 21, 20169 yr What the heck was LaFell doing on the run before half. Hill seriously could have had a 99 yard td run possibly, but LaFell just literally stops and walks. They don't finish anything this year. Coaching??
November 21, 20169 yr This loss hurts so bad. I now realize my team has lost the season. I need help please! Send me some play dough. Maybe we should go to Buffalo and protest that they beat my team? Even though they won fair and square, we missed 2 points that should have been. It's just not fair. I wanted the Bengals to win and they didn't. Now what do I do? I guess I wait till next year. And I do have the Reds. Oh boy. Call Trump and MSNBC and demand a "safe space"?? :lol::lol:
November 21, 20169 yr Burfict is finally back to being one of the best linebackers in the league. ...and still unable to control himself. Flipped off fans from the bench.
November 21, 20169 yr ...and still unable to control himself. Flipped off fans from the bench.Because of course he did... 1 step forward 2 steps back. At what point in the game and was it directed towards Bengals fan? Not that it matters if it was Bengals fans or not, but there were a lot of boo birds in there today and I'm curious if it was directed towards them or just one of the 20,000+ Bills fans in PBS today.
November 21, 20169 yr Good points on all those. The stat they showed today kind of sums up our Bengs, in their last 11 games against teams with winning records they are now 0-10-1, just simply didn't realize that!! I could have told you that. Marvin coached team has been horrible against teams with winning records since he's been here.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.