9th Region Draw Updates

NCC has played a more direct and counter-attacking style since as long as I've watched them. It generally suits their numbers (depth) and options on attack with players like Juniet, Tolle, Louis, and Muck/Schultz. Sometimes that's the worst match up for a heavily possession-stylle team. I'd expect them to come to play and spend most of the night defending. CCH should win. They easily could open it up like Trinity did against Ballard last night. But I also could see it being a tight game.

Did you just predict a win by CCH by a margin of 4-0(+/-3)? :D

Did you just predict a win by CCH by a margin of 4-0(+/-3)? :D

Actually, 3-0 (+/-4). I know I shouldn't go out on a limb like that, but strange things happen in Regionals. In 2014 I saw a team favored by Maher by 2.5 goals, up 3-1 in the second half, lose on PKs. Emotion and momentum in Regionals can play havoc with expectations.

Actually, 3-0 (+/-4). I know I shouldn't go out on a limb like that, but strange things happen in Regionals. In 2014 I saw a team favored by Maher by 2.5 goals, up 3-1 in the second half, lose on PKs. Emotion and momentum in Regionals can play havoc with expectations.

I respect your willingness to go out on a limb but I can only support a portion of your prediction in this match.

The beneficiary in that 2014 match has been involved in strange things happening in their past two Regional matches.

I respect your willingness to go out on a limb but I can only support a portion of your prediction in this match.

The beneficiary in that 2014 match has been involved in strange things happening in their past two Regional matches.

The Region 9 tournament generally has a couple surprises. Last year St Henry was a 3 goal favorite over Cooper and fell 4-2 and NCC was a 4 goal favorite over Dixie and fell 3-2. Also in the first round Highlands took CovCath to PKS. I'm not making any upset predictions, but they're historically in the mix.

This is definitely some balanced firepower, I knew that Lamb and Stava both had at least 6 goals, and 5 assists, who are the other 4 players that have these kind of numbers?

The follwing stats do not include CCH's two 10-0 District matches, so these numbers will go up, as an example I think Lamb had 4-5 goals and at least a few assists and Stava maybe had a few of each also in these two games. Goals & Assists

Lamb, 21 &12

Stava 10 &7

Deimling 7&7

Stegman 7 & 4

Wulfeck 6 & 3

Blom 6 & 2 (out injured)

Schutt 2 & 5

I think a few follow with 5 goals each.

I would imagine Lamb will be at or near the top of a lot of people's POY list. He's likely passed, at or very close to 25 & 15 once the stats are updated. Factor in CCH's SoS of 53, great production against very good competition.

The follwing stats do not include CCH's two 10-0 District matches, so these numbers will go up, as an example I think Lamb had 4-5 goals and at least a few assists and Stava maybe had a few of each also in these two games. Goals & Assists

Lamb, 21 &12

Stava 10 &7

Deimling 7&7

Stegman 7 & 4

Wulfeck 6 & 3

Blom 6 & 2 (out injured)

Schutt 2 & 5

I think a few follow with 5 goals each.

I would imagine Lamb will be at or near the top of a lot of people's POY list. He's likely passed, at or very close to 25 & 15 once the stats are updated. Factor in CCH's SoS of 53, great production against very good competition.

I would think Lamb would be a top candidate for NKY OPOY. A couple others compare well also:

Griffin Lamb (CovCath): 21 goals in 10 different games (*). Average Maher Rank of OH/KY teams scored against = 304. Goals against toughest opponents: 1 against #125 Seven Hills and 2 against East Central. Lamb also contributes with a healthy dose of assists (12) opening the door for others to score. Note: Not including HC and Beechwood games, which obviously move goals and average OH/KY Maher Rank up.

Colton Schneider (Campbell County): 30 goals in 12 different games. Average Maher Rank of OH/KY teams scored on = 291. Goals against toughest opponents: 1 against #37 CovCath 4 against #190 Simon Kenton. Contributing 8 assists, Colton has been involved in more than half of Campbell County's goals.

Adam Snow (Cooper): 23 goals in 12 different games. Average Maher Rank of OH/KY teams scored against = 296. Goals against toughest opponents: 1 against #47 South Warren and 2 against #108 St Henry. Adam has pitched in 13 assists making him a part of over 80% of Cooper's scoring.

The impact a player has on the field goes well beyond stats, but they help inform the discussion for offensive players. I think NKY OPOY and DPOY as well as the All-NKY teams get voted on before Regional play. Note sure when they vote for KY POY and the All-State teams. I'm certain that the next "award" most of the boys want to win is Regional Champ and a chance to play for a state title.

Good luck to all heading into Regional play!

Another good one...

I would think Lamb would be a top candidate for NKY OPOY. A couple others compare well also:

DJ Sanders scored a hat trick against Cooper last night. Reminded me that he compares well in scoring also. Pre-Regionals for comparison purposes:

DJ Sanders (St Henry): 21 goals in 14 different games. Average Maher Rank of OH/KY opponents scored on = 242. Toughest opponents scored on: 1 against #37 CovCath, 1 against #27 Dunbar, 1 against #55 Ryle, 1 against #140 Campbell County, 1 against #164 Cooper, 2 against #190 Simon Kenton. Adding 5 assists to 21 goals before Regional play, DJ is involved in half of all St Henry goals.

Griffin Lamb (CovCath): 21 goals in 10 different games (*). Average Maher Rank of OH/KY teams scored against = 304. Goals against toughest opponents: 1 against #125 Seven Hills and 2 against East Central. Lamb also contributes with a healthy dose of assists (12) opening the door for others to score. Note: Not including HC and Beechwood games, which obviously move goals and average OH/KY Maher Rank up.

Colton Schneider (Campbell County): 30 goals in 12 different games. Average Maher Rank of OH/KY teams scored on = 291. Goals against toughest opponents: 1 against #37 CovCath 4 against #190 Simon Kenton. Contributing 8 assists, Colton has been involved in more than half of Campbell County's goals.

Adam Snow (Cooper): 23 goals in 12 different games. Average Maher Rank of OH/KY teams scored against = 296. Goals against toughest opponents: 1 against #47 South Warren and 2 against #108 St Henry. Adam has pitched in 13 assists making him a part of over 80% of Cooper's scoring.

The impact a player has on the field goes well beyond stats, but they help inform the discussion for offensive players. I think NKY OPOY and DPOY as well as the All-NKY teams get voted on before Regional play. Note sure when they vote for KY POY and the All-State teams. I'm certain that the next "award" most of the boys want to win is Regional Champ and a chance to play for a state title.

Good luck to all heading into Regional play!