Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Draw Updates

Featured Replies

I believe the draw is this morning. If anyone gets updates, please post them here.

Highlands/Beechwood

Ryle/Dixie

 

Cov Cath/NCC @ Dixie

St Henry/Cooper

 

Games played on Tuesday.

 

Ryle is hosting Thursday and Saturday.

Edited by Yellow Card
Got confirmation, added locations

If these are the matchups where will CCH vs Ncc be played?

CCH/NCC

Cooper/ St Henry

 

Ryle/Dixie

HHS/Beechwood

 

Games will be played on Tuesday.

Not certain but roumors have it at Dixie or NKU.

9th Region just updated on KHSAA.

 

CCH and NCC at DHHS at Tuesday 7:30pm.

 

2

Looks like two interesting first round matchups and two not so interesting, and it's nice they are on the same side of the bracket.

St Henry Vs Cooper and CCH Vs NCC should be fun to follow. Whoever wins these games will likey need to stay with their strength deep into the game, causing equal fatigue going into Thursday's semi finals.

Top half of the bracket projects more one sided games, possibly providing HHS and Ryle to be well rested for Thursday. On paper the brackets set up perfect for equal, very competitive semi finals.

From seeing cov Cath play I don't think Ncc could give them much of a game. I'm not down playing Ncc by any means, just know how good Covington Catholic can be.

From seeing cov Cath play I don't think Ncc could give them much of a game. I'm not down playing Ncc by any means, just know how good Covington Catholic can be.

 

No doubt CovCath is playing well and should win (Maher has them +3 goals on a neutral field). I'd still expect a little more than "not much of a game." NCC can be a tough out this time of year. I think they won 2 of the 3 times they met CCH in Regionals between 2011 and 2015.

 

There will be some excellent young men who end their high school soccer careers tomorrow night. Stay healthy and good luck to all!

CCH should roll easily over NCC, I'll go with 4-0 for the score

I would agree with Sir!, " a little more than "not much of a game", but I think 2011 through (actually) 2014 mean nothing. Things can really tighten up in single elimination play. I would expect CCH to see lots of opponents' players in the box , 9-10 behind the ball at all times (unless or until CCH can get up a couple of goals) in every 9th region tournament game they play. The difficult part about this Vs CCH, they have lots of players capable of scoring. Lamb is always a threat to either score or assist, well over double digits in both columns and is a real crafty player. They have 5 other players with 6 or more goals and 5 or more assists, and this against good teams, SoS of 53. Who are you going to focus on and can you keep this many options from scoring?

I'll go with the Maher projection (3+) CCH 4 - NCC 0.

Edited by gameplayedright

  • Author

If CCH can relax, possess the ball, move it around and be patient I think they will be fine tonight. I'm hopeful that NCC will come to play and not hunker down but who knows. The most critical thing for CCH is ball and player movement.

I would agree with Sir!, " a little more than "not much of a game", but I think 2011 through (actually) 2014 mean nothing. Things can really tighten up in single elimination play. I would expect CCH to see lots of opponents' players in the box , 9-10 behind the ball at all times (unless or until CCH can get up a couple of goals) in every 9th region tournament game they play. The difficult part about this Vs CCH, they have lots of players capable of scoring. Lamb is always a threat to either score or assist, well over double digits in both columns and is a real crafty player. They have 5 other players with 6 or more goals and 5 or more assists, and this against good teams, SoS of 53. Who are you going to focus on and can you keep this many options from scoring?

I'll go with the Maher projection (3+) CCH 4 - NCC 0.

 

This is definitely some balanced firepower, I knew that Lamb and Stava both had at least 6 goals, and 5 assists, who are the other 4 players that have these kind of numbers?

If CCH can relax, possess the ball, move it around and be patient I think they will be fine tonight. I'm hopeful that NCC will come to play and not hunker down but who knows. The most critical thing for CCH is ball and player movement.

 

NCC has played a more direct and counter-attacking style since as long as I've watched them. It generally suits their numbers (depth) and options on attack with players like Juniet, Tolle, Louis, and Muck/Schultz. Sometimes that's the worst match up for a heavily possession-stylle team. I'd expect them to come to play and spend most of the night defending. CCH should win. They easily could open it up like Trinity did against Ballard last night. But I also could see it being a tight game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.