Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 6 Beechwood 0 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

BZ, a lot people may argue if you are leaving the thread then their work is done here! :D

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never expected you to agree with me on this one QS.

AS for suggesting I go and see Beechwood play I must say you disappoint me with that comment. You know that I have seen them play enough over the years to offer an opinion. Every week like you,no but certainly enough to form MY opinion.

AS for not having a clue on the Beechwood staying in Class A issue I believe I hit a nerve. Beechwood or shall I say Beechwood fans want titles and they aren't too concerned with who they beat as long as they hang another banner. They stayed in Class A for now because in their minds that is more of a sure thing.

The most humorous thing about this whole topic is that a little 5 or 6 post thread about a freshmen game has turned into a 40 plus post thread by just throwing out a few comments..My work has been done here.:cool: :ylsuper:

 

I disappoint you? Ha, ha! Come on now . . . . . . I never thought that the truth is all that disappointing. Hard to swallow? Maybe. Disappointing? Not sure about that one.

 

As far as Beechwood goes--whether you agree or disagree--no problem.

 

But remember--you won't have to look to find us. We'll be there.

 

As far as the class thing--you are correct. You have struck a nerve. And let me tell you why--because you are wrong.

 

Beechwood people like to win titles (maybe some other teams should win a few theirselves--you may find that they like it as well). However, the move to stay in A had nothing to do with any of the short-sighted logic that you have tried to feed the rest of the board. I have explained the logic in about 4 other threads. I am sure that you have read them or been part of that discussion.

 

If Beechwood was just in it to win titles--then they made a bad move. Because they are going to be matched up with a team that has had their number (Mayfield). Now, I am not going to pretend that I am worrying about that right now. But if the people from Beechwood are as scared of compeition as you claim, they would have takent that into consideration.

 

Also--if anything--Beechwood will GAIN strength from this. If you can't see that correlation--I am not real sure what I can tell you to help you see it. (And I could care less anyway).

 

I have now just officially become bored with this topic . . . . . .

 

Back to the freshman game:

 

Dayton played very well--and they have good personnel to fit their offense. Their coaches called a great game as well.

 

Beechwood actually scored before halftime--but it was called back by a block in the back (not trying to be a baby--but I have watched the film about 60 times--and I still can't find it).

 

Dayton had some nice size up front, plus, a couple kids who were very quick. The QB did a great job of finding the TE (who was also a nice size kid who blocked/caught the ball very well). They were well coached, they have talent and carried theirselves with class. Things are going in the right direction at Dayton.

 

As far as the Beechwood freshman go--there are 3 or 4 kids who have never played football before who are in the first 11. They are learning football--and doing a fine job. There are 3 or 4 others who have a lot of potential. I have a feeling that this team will be fine by the time that they are juniors/seniors.

 

Someone else mentioned the 1996 Beechwood freshman team. That team did go on to win a state championship behind Ben List and Matt Mercer (both of which are on the Beechwood staff now--which is pretty cool). I would have never guess that those guys would have went 2-6, but you know--they turned out okay.

The answer I would expect from a loyal Beechwood alum. Sorry Guru but you guys have taken great pleasure in beating up on Dayton and Bellevue and Ludlow at the freshmen level for years and a loss to Dayton is an absolute no no out Ft Mitchell way..With the Beechies decision to not petition to move up I would expect over time less and less kids from outside your district (which are considerable) will continue to attend Beechwood. They will want to play at the larger programs against what they feel is better competition. It may take 5 even 10 years but I look for Beechwood to slowly start coming back to the rest of the pack..:cool:;)

 

 

Wishful thinking on your part Zig?

 

You have been around as long as I have. Beechwood football was successful before Mike came here. Have we forgotton Fred Mariani and Bernie Barre? Mike certainly took it to an whole new level. Early indications are that Coach Rash is continuing to build on a strong 30 year foundation.

 

Congrats to the Dayton Freshmen. Sounds like the best team won.

  • Author

Beechwood actually scored before halftime--but it was called back by a block in the back (not trying to be a baby--but I have watched the film about 60 times--and I still can't find it).

 

.

 

 

Here we go...

Congrats Dayton on a huge win over the Beechies

Here we go...

 

ESPN--step off.

If you want to watch the tape with me--send me a PM.

I will be more than happy to meet up with you.

 

I didn't say that that TD would have made a difference anyway.

I was very clear about the fact that Dayton did the right things to win.

 

Your smart alect comments are pathetic . . . . . . . . .

I find it amusing that no one from Beechwood is allowed to comment on the game unless it is about how great the other team was. I find it amusing that I have heard about "moral" victories, poor officiating, etc, etc when Beechwood beats other teams in the area--but when the shoe is on the other foot . . . . . . ha, ha, ha! Thats okay. I have a crazy feeling that things will be fine. I take pride in the fact that Beechwood is everyone's super bowl (even on the freshman level). It is a nice compliment and says a lot about the program.

 

Did you see the call?

If so--tell me how the player who got the call was not even close to the call (matter of fact--he was on the other side of the field).

 

I never tried to play this off as an excuse as to why Beechwood didn't win--I merely pointed out that I couldn't find it on film.

 

But I wouldn't walk around for the next 10 years feeling like you are a member of the Green Bay Packers. I gave credit where it was due--the Dayton players and coaches . . . .

 

If you want to get technical--Beechwood is definitely to blame. The 3 wide open fades, 1 wide open post . . . . . all dropped. That had very little to do with anything except poor execution. So--in closing--I know what the deal is.

 

Dayton played a better game, made fewer mistakes, had better execution and their coaches did a great job of mixing things up. I also want to be very clear about the fact that this is one of the classiest teams that I have seen (Dayton). They were disciplined and played hard on every play. Honestly--I HOPE THEY EXCEL. I HOPE THEY HAVE SUCCESS.

 

The funny thing is--some of you hate Beechwood so much (probably because of that chip on your shoulder) that you are willing to turn your back to the truth.

  • Author
ESPN--step off.

If you want to watch the tape with me--send me a PM.

I will be more than happy to meet up with you.

 

I didn't say that that TD would have made a difference anyway.

I was very clear about the fact that Dayton did the right things to win.

 

Your smart alect comments are pathetic . . . . . . . . .

I find it amusing that no one from Beechwood is allowed to comment on the game unless it is about how great the other team was.

 

Did you see the call?

If so--tell me how the player who got the call was not even close to the call (matter of fact--he was on the other side of the field).

 

I never tried to play this off as an excuse as to why Beechwood didn't win--I merely pointed out that I couldn't find it on film.

 

But I wouldn't walk around for the next 10 years feeling like you are a member of the Green Bay Packers. I gave credit where it was due--the Dayton players and coaches . . . .

 

You Sir, are the one that needs to step off... This is an opinion based site and I was merely pointing out that our whole conversation has come full circle... read the first post... It did not surprise me that something was brought up about the officiating whether or not it was meant as an excuse, bringing it up sounds like one IMO...

 

Since we talked about what is amusing, lets talk about the fact that it may not have been the reason the game was lost, but a call in the game still had to be brought up... just to see the full picture I guess...:rolleyes:

 

Wanna know the answer, i didn't see the call... I wasn't commenting on the call, I was commenting on the fact that it had to be brought up though various people including yourself, had said that the better team won... I don't think seeing the call has anything to do with that...

 

If you want to talk about pathetic comments, control what your fans are saying to your own schools players... it won't embarrass the school as much... It happened, it shouldn't have, but it did... lets get over it...

 

As for the last comment, I'm glad you gave them credit... but don't worry about the Daytonians getting the "Green Bay Packer" mentality, they are more humble... they don't have that big ego thing after every win on the river ...

I disappoint you? Ha, ha! Come on now . . . . . . I never thought that the truth is all that disappointing. Hard to swallow? Maybe. Disappointing? Not sure about that one.

 

As far as Beechwood goes--whether you agree or disagree--no problem.

 

But remember--you won't have to look to find us. We'll be there.

 

As far as the class thing--you are correct. You have struck a nerve. And let me tell you why--because you are wrong.

 

Beechwood people like to win titles (maybe some other teams should win a few theirselves--you may find that they like it as well). However, the move to stay in A had nothing to do with any of the short-sighted logic that you have tried to feed the rest of the board. I have explained the logic in about 4 other threads. I am sure that you have read them or been part of that discussion.

 

If Beechwood was just in it to win titles--then they made a bad move. Because they are going to be matched up with a team that has had their number (Mayfield). Now, I am not going to pretend that I am worrying about that right now. But if the people from Beechwood are as scared of compeition as you claim, they would have takent that into consideration.

 

Also--if anything--Beechwood will GAIN strength from this. If you can't see that correlation--I am not real sure what I can tell you to help you see it. (And I could care less anyway).

 

I have now just officially become bored with this topic . . . . . .

 

Back to the freshman game:

 

Dayton played very well--and they have good personnel to fit their offense. Their coaches called a great game as well.

 

Beechwood actually scored before halftime--but it was called back by a block in the back (not trying to be a baby--but I have watched the film about 60 times--and I still can't find it).

 

Dayton had some nice size up front, plus, a couple kids who were very quick. The QB did a great job of finding the TE (who was also a nice size kid who blocked/caught the ball very well). They were well coached, they have talent and carried theirselves with class. Things are going in the right direction at Dayton.

 

As far as the Beechwood freshman go--there are 3 or 4 kids who have never played football before who are in the first 11. They are learning football--and doing a fine job. There are 3 or 4 others who have a lot of potential. I have a feeling that this team will be fine by the time that they are juniors/seniors.

 

Someone else mentioned the 1996 Beechwood freshman team. That team did go on to win a state championship behind Ben List and Matt Mercer (both of which are on the Beechwood staff now--which is pretty cool). I would have never guess that those guys would have went 2-6, but you know--they turned out okay.

 

:thumb: As the Guru and I often say t each other we will just agree to disagree on the issue of this topic..You and I agree on a great many things but I doubt this is one area we will ever come together on. Thats what makes this fun..Honestly I would think something where drastically wrong with you and the Guru did agree with me knowing of your close association with that school. Just don't get so worked up. It makes it look like I just might be right.;):D

You got us BZ, it has nothing to do with me being right and you being wrong, it has everything to do with me being wrong because I went to Beechwood.

 

Does the same logic apply with Ludlow? In other words, are you wrong about everything "Ludlow" because of your association?

Wishful thinking on your part Zig?

 

You have been around as long as I have. Beechwood football was successful before Mike came here. Have we forgotton Fred Mariani and Bernie Barre? Mike certainly took it to an whole new level. Early indications are that Coach Rash is continuing to build on a strong 30 year foundation.

 

Congrats to the Dayton Freshmen. Sounds like the best team won.

 

Barre won a title and Fred got them to the title game in 1974 which they lost but in those days you all won some and we won some (Ludlow 1975 State Champs) and for the most part everyone lived within their respective school districts which is much different now and has been for sometime now and you know it as well I as I do whether anyone from Ft Mitchell wants to admit it or not. You wouldn't have near the dominance that you have enjoyed without a considerable number of transfer. Not knocking it or disrespecting you guys but I'm just saying what everyone else knows...Except for Beechwood fans of course. See you soon...:D

Someone else mentioned the 1996 Beechwood freshman team. That team did go on to win a state championship behind Ben List and Matt Mercer (both of which are on the Beechwood staff now--which is pretty cool). I would have never guess that those guys would have went 2-6, but you know--they turned out okay.

 

This is yet another example of how we are right and BZ is wrong but instead of admitting it he wants to make it personal.

To echo quick, Beechwood has one of their best teams in years. That doesn't mean the Tigers are going to win it all but they sure as heck are not down.

 

Guru we hear the same thing at Mayfield every year. If the team doesn't win the title they must be down. I have to admit it gets old sometimes.

You got us BZ, it has nothing to do with me being right and you being wrong, it has everything to do with me being wrong because I went to Beechwood.

 

Does the same logic apply with Ludlow? In other words, are you wrong about everything "Ludlow" because of your association?

 

Here we go, the Great twister of words. Never have admitted to being always right and freely admit I'm a Ludlow Homer. You guys spin it whatever it works for you best and refuse to accept that just maybe you might be the least little bit wrong.. You of course are never clouded in your thinking when it pertains to your alma mater now are you? It's not your team that annoys everyone, it's the arrogance of the fans...

Anyway Guru with all due respect I know I'm just wasting my time with this conversation. I mean who takes on the Guru and wins:rolleyes: Have it your way..You guys are always right. Burns you guys up when I just might be on to something doesn't..:cool:

You Sir, are the one that needs to step off... This is an opinion based site and I was merely pointing out that our whole conversation has come full circle... read the first post... It did not surprise me that something was brought up about the officiating whether or not it was meant as an excuse, bringing it up sounds like one IMO...

 

Since we talked about what is amusing, lets talk about the fact that it may not have been the reason the game was lost, but a call in the game still had to be brought up... just to see the full picture I guess...:rolleyes:

 

Wanna know the answer, i didn't see the call... I wasn't commenting on the call, I was commenting on the fact that it had to be brought up though various people including yourself, had said that the better team won... I don't think seeing the call has anything to do with that...

 

If you want to talk about pathetic comments, control what your fans are saying to your own schools players... it won't embarrass the school as much... It happened, it shouldn't have, but it did... lets get over it...

 

As for the last comment, I'm glad you gave them credit... but don't worry about the Daytonians getting the "Green Bay Packer" mentality, they are more humble... they don't have that big ego thing after every win on the river ...

 

In all fairness--I do want to be clear--the team that deserved to win DID. And officiating DID NOT determine the outcome of this game (I believe that with all my heart).

 

However--the call was weak (the part that was weak may/may not be debatable).

 

You say that you didn't see it--I did. And I watched it over and over. I couldn't see it or find it. And trust me--in a strange sort of way--it would have made me feel a little better if I would have seen it. Could the outcome have been different? Maybe. (Hint: I am not saying that it would have been--because Dayton has a good team--and they play good football).

 

IMO--you shouldn't be commenting on something that you didn't see to begin with. That is my "OPINION".

 

This may be an "opinion" based site--but why form an opinion when you could have had fact? I understand that you don't know me from a hole in the dirt--but all I said is that I couldn't see it--or I couldn't find it. I didn't say it was right or wrong at all. But again--the chip on the shoulder of any team that plays Beechwood is often too big to see around.

 

The fans are the fans. If you say that this situation happened . . . .so be it. There is absolutely nothing that I can do about that. I would like to hope that the Dayton players and coaches did not hear anything derrogatory from any of our kids/coaches. That part--I do have a hand in.

 

As far as any insinuations about Beechwood looking down their noses or being on some type of ego trip . . . . . (I am not sure if you were going there or not--so if you aren't--I apologize up front) you see what you want to see. But Beechwood has a great deal of respect for Dayton (see Dan Ridder and Jason Skirvin). I think that there is very little (if any) bad blood there (especially when Principal/former HC Ridder came on the Beechwood bus BEFORE the game last night to talk to the Beechwood kids). That is part of the reason why I will always like/respect Dayton. Danny is a class act--and his influence touches all phases of the program (as many others do as well).

 

In closing--I could see where you would think that I am whining. I am not. But it is hard to watch something over and over (and not find it) and not wonder whether or not a team could have pulled things out. It is simple human nature.

With the Beechies decision to not petition to move up I would expect over time less and less kids from outside your district (which are considerable) will continue to attend Beechwood. They will want to play at the larger programs against what they feel is better competition. It may take 5 even 10 years but I look for Beechwood to slowly start coming back to the rest of the pack..:cool:;)
Man, aren't we reaching here?

 

Why would Beechwood remain any less attractive? They will remain a state championship contender every season. I have no doubt they'll keep NewCath, Dixie, CovCath and the like on the schedule. Any kid that plays in Beechwood's program knows he's going to face quality competition throughout the season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.