Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 6 Beechwood 0 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

No worries. :thumb:

 

My distaste for FROSH threads, and most assuredly those pee-wee threads in GD that you'll never see me post in, is that I think it's a smidge early to be disecting and tearing down young people (either directly or indirectly). Not saying those that like those threads are wrong, they just aren't for me.

 

When a parent stoops to nonsense (allegedly, just to cover our bases) like is listed above it makes you understand why some kids feel turn out the way they do. A complete lack of class shown (allegedly), and the fact that it was directed at 14 year olds makes it all the more nauseating.

 

:thumb: :thumb: Goes double for me.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer I would expect from a loyal Beechwood alum. Sorry Guru but you guys have taken great pleasure in beating up on Dayton and Bellevue and Ludlow at the freshmen level for years and a loss to Dayton is an absolute no no out Ft Mitchell way..With the Beechies decision to not petition to move up I would expect over time less and less kids from outside your district (which are considerable) will continue to attend Beechwood. They will want to play at the larger programs against what they feel is better competition. It may take 5 even 10 years but I look for Beechwood to slowly start coming back to the rest of the pack..:cool:;)

 

We can agree to disagree BZ.

 

I remember coaching in a Freshman game at Dayton once. We made a goal line stand at the very end of the game and kept Dayton out of the end zone four plays in a row. If Dayton would have scored they would have beat Beechwood.

 

When those Freshman were Seniors at Beechwood some guy named Yeagle won his first state title.

 

Say what you want BZ, it really is not that big of a deal but it sure does make for good Net chatter.

 

On Beechwood getting players from outside Fort Mitchell, I don't see how anyone can make a strong argument on what the future will hold.

Great win for Dayton. I think there is only 14 players on the team.

I agree Jack. This is a great win for Dayton. Keep up the good work guys and thanks for helping raise the bar for all of the NKY Class A teams.

I heard about this one and from multiple sources I heard that quite frankly, Beechwoods fans embarrased their school. I have heard from numerous people that there were fans in the stands screaming at their players things such as follows: "THIS TEAM IS TERRIBLE"

"WE HAVEN'T LOST TO THIS TEAM IN 30 YEARS AND YOU'RE GOING TO START NOW!"

 

I realize there is a winning tradition at Beechwood but these kids have to go home at night. What are they going to feel like? being told they are terrible on the field. How were they supposed to concentrate on a one score game when people were telling them how bad they are. Frankly, there were a few fans that embarrassed themselves and their school. Maybe this is a good ole wake up call for some of the Beechies... a little different when the shoe is on the other foot. They didn't see opposing teams fans yelling about how bad their team was when the Tigers were giving the pounding. Sometimes you gotta tip you hat, lace em up, and take it as a L... learn about it... don't embarrass the kids....

 

By the way... Great Job Devils... I'm sure its something that hasn't been done in quite some time down there...

 

 

30 years is wrong. Back in 1989 when I was a little 7th grader Dayton totally embrassed us at Beechwood. I think the score was like 30-0 or worse I don't remember. I know we got our butts handed to us. The 1996 Beechwood freshmen team went 2-6 or something like that. I don't remember the exact record. But when they were seniors they won the state title. I totally agree with the Guru on this one. From what I have been told people that Beechwood won't miss a beat with Noel Rash being there. I have also been told that he is just as hard or even a harder worker than Yeagle was. If that is the case Beechwood will be right there where they always been in. One other question. I have seen you guys talk about Beechwood moving up. Don't you have to have a least 4 teams in the district in the new 6 class system? Since there are only 4 teams Beechwood couldn't move up. Big Beechwood's non conference schedule will even be tougher now since New Cath won't be there next year.

Don't you have to have a least 4 teams in the district in the new 6 class system? Since there are only 4 teams Beechwood couldn't move up.

They could easily move Bracken from their 5 or 6 team district to fill that spot, would have been better for them too. IF Beechwood would have moved up.

 

But I agree with Guru, Outcomes of Frosh games is not like looking into a crystal ball down the road 2 or 3 years.

I remember when my older brother played freshman for bellevue NCC was undefeted but lost to them. that was Bellevues only win so frosh level is not even close to when i comes to varsity time. Great win dayton

Very possible BZ but many of years Beechwood has struggled on the 9th grade level only to wipe out the same teams as juniors and seniors.

 

Also, if Coach Rash continues to on his current path I have no worries at all about the future.

 

 

Don't I know that personally. My Frosh year at Bellevue way back in the 80's we had 12 players on our team and we split with Beechwood in regular season and beat them in the championship game by a couple of TD's. However, my jr and sr year we had a decent team and they still spanked us by 5 TD's.

 

you cant measure varsity success on Frosh scores.

They could easily move Bracken from their 5 or 6 team district to fill that spot, would have been better for them too. IF Beechwood would have moved up.

 

But I agree with Guru, Outcomes of Frosh games is not like looking into a crystal ball down the road 2 or 3 years.

 

Yes looking at the outcomes of Frosh games is like looking into a crystal ball but I always find it humorous how meaningless the games become when certain teams lose..We've had to listen to the Beechies tell us all that is wonderful with their program for a great many years so lets let Dayton have their day..Beating Beechwood in football is big at any level and even moreso when one of the other small Class A schools from NKY pull off the win.. Again I congratulate the Greendevils...

Somebody help me out on this one.

What kind of success did the NKYFL Greendevils have against the Spartans recently? Has there been a trend of close games? I'm sure that the Spartans would have been the usual favorites. Maybe, the talent difference isn't as wide as it once was.

Yes looking at the outcomes of Frosh games is like looking into a crystal ball but I always find it humorous how meaningless the games become when certain teams lose..We've had to listen to the Beechies tell us all that is wonderful with their program for a great many years so lets let Dayton have their day..Beating Beechwood in football is big at any level and even moreso when one of the other small Class A schools from NKY pull off the win.. Again I congratulate the Greendevils...

 

 

I have to disagree with you Zig.

 

I have heard very few (if any--EVER) talk from Beechwood people how wonderful the program is. Matter of fact--the vast majority of the people who say those things are from outside the program. And--the trend the past few years has been that Beechwood is down.

 

The fact is this--there are many of you that want Beechwood to be down. And that is fine. That is your right. But just remember why you want them to be down. Any team that has success historically is targeted by people who want them to fail. Big deal . . . . . . .

 

The people from Beechwood aren't looking for you pity. We are your super bowl in football (in any other sport as well) every week. You don't hear us crying. Yet the historic success still stands and will continue to stand on an equal level (if not higher).

 

This entire topic is pretty weak. I didn't hear any fans from Beechwood handle things in a poor way. And--I was close enough to hear just about everything.

 

The fact of the matter is that Dayton played better, made few mistakes and won the football game. Good for them. The Beechwood freshman have improved drastically over the past week. I would expect that the exact same trend continues.

 

As far as the varsity goes--and moving up in class--let me lay it out for you:

 

YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

 

I would suggest that you actually go out and see Beechwood play before you speculate on their future . . . . . . . . . some of you people will never learn. You say it every year . . . "Beechwood is down", "Beechwood is finished", blah, blah, blah . . . . . whatever. Not even close.

I agree BZ, this is huge for the Greendevils and they are deserving of every compliment they get on the win.

To echo quick, Beechwood has one of their best teams in years. That doesn't mean the Tigers are going to win it all but they sure as heck are not down.

I have to disagree with you Zig.

 

I have heard very few (if any--EVER) talk from Beechwood people how wonderful the program is. Matter of fact--the vast majority of the people who say those things are from outside the program. And--the trend the past few years has been that Beechwood is down.

 

The fact is this--there are many of you that want Beechwood to be down. And that is fine. That is your right. But just remember why you want them to be down. Any team that has success historically is targeted by people who want them to fail. Big deal . . . . . . .

 

The people from Beechwood aren't looking for you pity. We are your super bowl in football (in any other sport as well) every week. You don't hear us crying. Yet the historic success still stands and will continue to stand on an equal level (if not higher).

 

This entire topic is pretty weak. I didn't hear any fans from Beechwood handle things in a poor way. And--I was close enough to hear just about everything.

 

The fact of the matter is that Dayton played better, made few mistakes and won the football game. Good for them. The Beechwood freshman have improved drastically over the past week. I would expect that the exact same trend continues.

 

As far as the varsity goes--and moving up in class--let me lay it out for you:

 

YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

 

I would suggest that you actually go out and see Beechwood play before you speculate on their future . . . . . . . . . some of you people will never learn. You say it every year . . . "Beechwood is down", "Beechwood is finished", blah, blah, blah . . . . . whatever. Not even close.

 

Never expected you to agree with me on this one QS.

AS for suggesting I go and see Beechwood play I must say you disappoint me with that comment. You know that I have seen them play enough over the years to offer an opinion. Every week like you,no but certainly enough to form MY opinion.

AS for not having a clue on the Beechwood staying in Class A issue I believe I hit a nerve. Beechwood or shall I say Beechwood fans want titles and they aren't too concerned with who they beat as long as they hang another banner. They stayed in Class A for now because in their minds that is more of a sure thing.

The most humorous thing about this whole topic is that a little 5 or 6 post thread about a freshmen game has turned into a 40 plus post thread by just throwing out a few comments..My work has been done here.:cool: :ylsuper:

BZ, a lot people may argue if you are leaving the thread then their work is done here! :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.