Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 6 Beechwood 0 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

Rick is a good friend and someone I think highly of

 

I had lunch with Rick on Wednesday -- a great guy. Good luck in your election.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

ESPNGuy, I hope that your story is exaggerated (not that you would exaggerate it, but that it was before it got to you). Of course, it would just help to underscore why I care not at all what happens in FROSH football games.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for Dayton anyway you slice it. Good luck the rest of the season.

I like you BZ...after all we river rats have to stick together, caus our guys will never get the respect from many of the "better than" bunch!:lol:

 

:thumb: Thanks greendevil and you are absolutely correct..Again congratulations to the Devils for knocking off the Beechies.. Wish I could have been there.

 

As for the comments ESPN GUY apparently heard or was told about can anyone say they are surprised by this if true. They have had a bit of a superiority complex in Tigerland for far to long.. Kind of hurts when the roles are reversed..:ylsuper:

:confused: I wasn't starting an argument and everyone knows that NCC is thrilled that Beechwood didn't petition up..so IMO your comments make no sense..:cool::D
I'm not sure what NCC has to do with what I said, but yeah, im happy they didn't want to move up.

 

Answer the question though. If Beechwood didn't lose kids before who wanted to "play tougher competition" as you put it. Why would it hurt them now?

I had lunch with Rick on Wednesday -- a great guy. Good luck in your election.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

ESPNGuy, I hope that your story is exaggerated (not that you would exaggerate it, but that it was before it got to you). Of course, it would just help to underscore why I care not at all what happens in FROSH football games.

 

 

:thumb: Yes Rick is a very good guy and a prime example of a Ludlow kid made good. If you see him again soon give him my best. Haven't seen him in a few months..And thanks

  • Author
I had lunch with Rick on Wednesday -- a great guy. Good luck in your election.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

ESPNGuy, I hope that your story is exaggerated (not that you would exaggerate it, but that it was before it got to you). Of course, it would just help to underscore why I care not at all what happens in FROSH football games.

Not saying that you are, but these were extremely, probably my most, reliable sources down in that territory...

Congrats devils! Hopefully the success will carry over to tommorrow night against the wildcats!

Not saying that you are, but these were extremely, probably my most, reliable sources down in that territory...

I didn't doubt it, just hoped that the parents of 14 year olds would have more sense -- at any school. 14 year olds folks. Jeesh.

  • Author
I had lunch with Rick on Wednesday -- a great guy. Good luck in your election.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

ESPNGuy, I hope that your story is exaggerated (not that you would exaggerate it, but that it was before it got to you). Of course, it would just help to underscore why I care not at all what happens in FROSH football games.

 

Unfortunately, ESPN guy is right on the money. Many don't care HSSB, but some do, and that is why the thread targets the FROSH game. It wouldnt matter which teams played, were upset, or blew someone out. In the end, NO TEAM'S FANS SHOULD DEGRADE THEIR STUDENT ATHLETES.....Afterall, contrary to what many on BGP think, it still is ONLY A GAME :thumb:

I'm not sure what NCC has to do with what I said, but yeah, im happy they didn't want to move up.

 

Answer the question though. If Beechwood didn't lose kids before who wanted to "play tougher competition" as you put it. Why would it hurt them now?

 

Because in the opinion of many the new Class A alignment my now appear to be watered down without the likes of NCC, Danville and a number of other schools that are moving up. Kids might be more inclined to want to attend schools in say 2A, 3A, 4A and so on. Bigger schools playing better competition. Beechwood just might lose out on some of those kids who would have otherwise in the past gone there..Thats my opinion and again it may or may not make sense to you...but that wasn't really what I was going for anyway..;):D

Unfortunately, ESPN guy is right on the money. Many don't care HSSB, but some do, and that is why the thread targets the FROSH game. It wouldnt matter which teams played, were upset, or blew someone out. In the end, NO TEAM'S FANS SHOULD DEGRADE THEIR STUDENT ATHLETES.....Afterall, contrary to what many on BGP think, it still is ONLY A GAME :thumb:

Huh? Back it down a notch G.D. I most assuredly wasn't supporting what they did -- I hoped it was exaggerated. I wouldn't want nor support any fan base acting like that towards 14 year olds from any school. Thanks for the reasons for a FROSH thread, I've only been around for 5 years and I have a pretty good handle on what those are for. Make sure you understand one of my posts, or anyone else's for that matter, before going off next time.

  • Author
I didn't doubt it, just hoped that the parents of 14 year olds would have more sense -- at any school. 14 year olds folks. Jeesh.

:thumb: :thumb: I mean... what are those kids thinking of themselves right now? It's irritating...

  • Author
Huh? Back it down a notch G.D. I most assuredly wasn't supporting what they did -- I hoped it was exaggerated. I wouldn't want nor support any fan base acting like that towards 14 year olds from any school. Thanks for the reasons for a FROSH thread, I've only been around for 5 years and I have a pretty good handle on what those are for. Make sure you understand one of my posts, or anyone else's for that matter, before going off next time.

 

Apologies HSSB...I did come on a little strong, and not necessarily meant toward you. It simply frustrates me when many of the adults/parents take some of these games too seriously. You caught me with my blood pressure up, and I apologize:cool:

Apologies HSSB...I did come on a little strong, and not necessarily meant toward you. It simply frustrates me when many of the adults/parents take some of these games too seriously. You caught me with my blood pressure up, and I apologize:cool:

No worries. :thumb:

 

My distaste for FROSH threads, and most assuredly those pee-wee threads in GD that you'll never see me post in, is that I think it's a smidge early to be disecting and tearing down young people (either directly or indirectly). Not saying those that like those threads are wrong, they just aren't for me.

 

When a parent stoops to nonsense (allegedly, just to cover our bases) like is listed above it makes you understand why some kids feel turn out the way they do. A complete lack of class shown (allegedly), and the fact that it was directed at 14 year olds makes it all the more nauseating.

  • Author

:thumb:

No worries.

 

My distaste for FROSH threads, and most assuredly those pee-wee threads in GD that you'll never see me post in, is that I think it's a smidge early to be disecting and tearing down young people (either directly or indirectly). Not saying those that like those threads are wrong, they just aren't for me.

 

When a parent stoops to nonsense (allegedly, just to cover our bases) like is listed above it makes you understand why some kids feel turn out the way they do. A complete lack of class shown (allegedly), and the fact that it was directed at 14 year olds makes it all the more nauseating.

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.