"Forever Country" video

Watusi

Have you seen the new Forever Country video produced for the 50th CMA awards?

It's a medley/mashup of three classics, "On the Road Again", "Country Roads" and "I Will Always Love You" staring 30 country stars of the past and present, all of them CMA award winners. Pretty cool video.

'Forever Country' Video: Watch Magical Medley Come to Life - Rolling Stone

"All the people involved are people that we love, and that we loved 10 years ago, 20 years ago and today," says Tim McGraw of the song's lineup of legends and legends-in-the-making.

"There's every era of country music in this song and in the video," echoes Trisha Yearwood.

Artists Involved: Alabama, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Ronnie Milsap, Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, Dolly Parton, Charley Pride, Rascal Flatts, Reba, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Randy Travis, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Trisha Yearwood.

I liked "Country Roads" when it was released but not all country singers in the industry were crazy about the song or consider John Denver to be country enough. Charlie Rich, during a network live broadcast, actually took his cigarette lighter while standing at the podium and burned the paper that he had just read which announced John Denver as winner of a category at the CMA's (Denver was not present to receive the award). Ironic that they would choose that song for this video but I suppose times and views have changed.

I liked "Country Roads" when it was released but not all country singers in the industry were crazy about the song or consider John Denver to be country enough. Charlie Rich, during a network live broadcast, actually took his cigarette lighter while standing at the podium and burned the paper that he had just read which announced John Denver as winner of a category at the CMA's (Denver was not present to receive the award). Ironic that they would choose that song for this video but I suppose times and views have changed.

I LOVE "Country Roads."