Raceland 62 Lucasvile Valley (OH) 19

oldrambler

I hope that you're right. I like the way you're thinking. :thumb:

Lucasville lost a lot of production and seniors last year.. Portsmouth west lost quite a bit themselves but I'm not sure if they have played a team like Raceland yet. They have losses to Portsmouth and Dawson Bryant and barely beat a Fairland Ohio team that Pikeville handled pretty easy in a scrimmage....

FINAL

No shortage of offense in this one, Raceland put up video game numbers in the passing game. At the half, Rams qb Davison had 320 yds passing w/ 4td's ! Going in the game Nate Davison was the #1 rated qb in KY. / 1A. This was a td contest early w/ Rams special teams giving up a td plus a couple of fumbles. Racelands D finally srarted getting stops , putting the game away. The Raceland offense still leaving td's on the field with dropped pass.

After the 3rd qtr. score to put it to a running clock, Coach Salmons completely emptied the sidelines, playing everyone he had dressed.

Raceland scored another td with reserves during the running clock time.

Hopefully TCA will give the final stats on this one.

Rams clear Valley, 62-19 | Sports | dailyindependent.com

Raceland is looking pretty good this season largely in part to top notch QB play. This could be the year you crazed Ram fans have been waiting for. I think Raceland has a legit chance at a state title this season.

However, be cautious with the expectations and the building up of the team, though, because the schedule hasn't turned out to be as tough as it looked on paper. It's not Raceland's fault, because they tried to schedule difficult teams, but it just so happens that some of these teams are going through somewhat "down" years. Paintsville will be the next true test on October 21st. I hope the Rams stay healthy and maintain their edge until then.

Raceland played well last night but still too many mistakes. Special teams miscues allowed a team that didn't have any reason to be in this game early. Valley is very young and inexperienced and are in a rebuilding year. Raceland cannot start games flat against better teams or we will be losing games soon.

But, overall, the team is getting better.

Edited by sidelinedoc
Lack of sleep