Pop Up Campers

formerkywrestler

What reasons would keep you from going back?

It would be like the difference in staying in Motel 6 vs the Ritz Carlton. The travel trailers and above are more hotels on wheels where a pop-up is more of a tent on wheels. Big improvement from the tent and AC and bathroom were huge upgrades. When I was in a pop up, I thought it was great. Decided we needed a little more room, moved up to the hybrid. Thought it was great. Spent time in different friends campers and decided to move up again. I am currently in a 25' travel trailer and think it's great but every time I go to the RV show, I think how much better it would be with a slide out or a little bigger trailer.

I was always told, once you buy a pop-up, you can expect to upgrade sometime in the future.

It would be like the difference in staying in Motel 6 vs the Ritz Carlton. The travel trailers and above are more hotels on wheels where a pop-up is more of a tent on wheels. Big improvement from the tent and AC and bathroom were huge upgrades. When I was in a pop up, I thought it was great. Decided we needed a little more room, moved up to the hybrid. Thought it was great. Spent time in different friends campers and decided to move up again. I am currently in a 25' travel trailer and think it's great but every time I go to the RV show, I think how much better it would be with a slide out or a little bigger trailer.

I was always told, once you buy a pop-up, you can expect to upgrade sometime in the future.

This actually makes me feel better. I'm begrudgingly getting moved away from tent camping --- both car camping and backpacking --- which I really enjoy. But if this is what it takes to be able to camp at the rate I want to, then I'm all in.

Plus, I'll admit on here that a camper of some form will be more convenient for races.

This actually makes me feel better. I'm begrudgingly getting moved away from tent camping --- both car camping and backpacking --- which I really enjoy. But if this is what it takes to be able to camp at the rate I want to, then I'm all in.

Plus, I'll admit on here that a camper of some form will be more convenient for races.

I would say 80% of camping right now is taking it to my daughter's horse shows. It would definitely be convenient for races. But make sure it has AC as many of the popups do not come with AC.