Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Rankings - Discussion (9/5)

Ram

Class 4A

1. Johnson Central vs. South Charleston (WV)

2. South Warren at 6A #10 Central Hardin

3. Wayne County vs. 3A Bell County

4. Franklin-Simpson at 5A #4 Greenwood

5. Hopkinsville vs. 2A Murray

6. John Hardin vs. 6A Pleasure Ridge Park

7. Shelby County vs. 5A North Bullitt

8. Knox Central vs. 5A Harlan County

9. Mercer County vs. 5A #8 Southwestern

10. Collins -- OPEN

Johnson Central or South Warren seems to be the same question as most of the season last year, who do you pick? Can anyone challenge the top two? Who could move up after this week? Who could move down? What teams are just outside the Top 10 waiting for an opportunity?

Hands down I think south brings back the same team and should remain on top until DETHRONED!

I agree and I don't think too many people would disagree with that. Now, if the team is a MASH unit and is missing several key guys for the remainder of the year then maybe reconsider. Until then, I say keep them as the #1.

I think the South and Franklin folks along with the rest of Western 4A may not be paying close attention to Allen Co. and their comparative scores. Look at their scores against Monroe Co. and Greenwood vs. South's scores. Not to mention Allen beat FS straight up last year. Don't be surprised that after a lot of South/FS build up, a senior laden Allen team comes out of that mix. Just throwing that out there.

I think the South and Franklin folks along with the rest of Western 4A may not be paying close attention to Allen Co. and their comparative scores. Look at their scores against Monroe Co. and Greenwood vs. South's scores. Not to mention Allen beat FS straight up last year. Don't be surprised that after a lot of South/FS build up, a senior laden Allen team comes out of that mix. Just throwing that out there.

I don't anyone is discounting Allen Co. They are a great team with a lot of upside. I don't think what they have done this year would warrant a top ten ranking. Their only win comes from a 2A school at this time. I do think they will be in the thick when it's all said and done.

I do agree with @Tommy2tone with the ranking right now.

Hands down I think south brings back the same team and should remain on top until DETHRONED!

I agree and I don't think too many people would disagree with that. Now, if the team is a MASH unit and is missing several key guys for the remainder of the year then maybe reconsider. Until then, I say keep them as the #1.

I might agree but people said South Warren was down 17-0 with their best players in and came back on Greenwood with their replacement in. Because of that fact South Warren staying #1 despite their injuries is a moot discussion in my opinion.

Here is my opinion on top 10.

1. Franklin Simpson

2. Johnson Central

3. S. Warren

4. Collins

5. Wayne

6. Shelby Co.

7. John Hardin

8. Hopkinsville

9. Mercer

10. Spencer Co.

The bolded are the only things I just find myself consistently unable to get behind in your rankings. I think we have so far seen a clear tier of five at the top (Johnson Central, South Warren, Wayne County, Franklin-Simpson, Hopkinsville), and then some teams shuffled below (John Hardin, Shelby County, Mercer County, Collins, Knox Central, etc.). So the Hopkinsville drop and Collins rise just blocks me each time. Collins in particular just doesn't scream at me to be that high at this juncture. Record isn't everything, but their opponents are a combined 1-8. And considering that two of them played each other (therefore one HAD to win), they really have no wins. The Bullitt East result in particular indicates that 4th is way too high. We're talking a team that went 3-8 last year, lost in much the same fashion to open that year, and yet Collins had to come from behind while giving up a massive amount of points to win that game. I think they're top 10, but 4th? That seems reaching given their performance last year and relative lack of prove-it moments this year.