Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

United Kingdom to leave European Union

Featured Replies

Before the vote the main person who was pushing to leave the EU stated that if the vote was close, such as 52-48, that there should be a re-vote. Well, he was right on it being close, and so far over 1 million have signed a petition to have a re-vote.

 

I have read where many people are having buyers remorse.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you just petition for a re-vote? If so we should have done that a few years back. I mean we just vote till we get the result we want now?

How can you just petition for a re-vote? If so we should have done that a few years back. I mean we just vote till we get the result we want now?

 

Different political system. Heck, they don't even necessarily have parliamentary elections on a set schedule.

Keep in the back of your mind the fact that this vote was non-binding. If the obstacles to leaving become too onerous, there is the possibility that Britain could stay. I wonder if the rest of the EU will try to do just that - make leaving so bad that Britain's leaders choose to stay.

 

Before the vote the main person who was pushing to leave the EU stated that if the vote was close, such as 52-48, that there should be a re-vote. Well, he was right on it being close, and so far over 1 million have signed a petition to have a re-vote.

 

I have read where many people are having buyers remorse.

 

 

I don't think this is over. As the ramifications start to become reality, buyer's remorse will continue to grow. Two big items that I have seen already that will cause people to rethink:

 

1. Immigrants being staged in France on the UK's behalf may be shipped to the UK immediately for processing. France is saying why should we do you a favor when you aren't part of the EU team.

 

2. Scotland seceding - The Scots were strongly in favor of remaining. With this exit vote, they are saying they will revisit their recent vote on secession.

 

Those are just a couple I saw. I am sure quite a few more will be coming in the next couple weeks.

 

The other vote that is going to happen in the fall is for a new Prime Minister. PM Cameron was in favor of staying and resigned because he says he is not the person to lead the exit he is against. I see it very likely that one of the candidates in the fall will make staying in the EU a major part of his campaign. In essence, if you vote for me, I will make sure that this non binding vote to exit the EU is thrown aside. The PM campaign is going to become a second referendum on exiting the EU in my opinion.

Looks like more want to leave:Civil Uprising Escalates As 8th EU Nation Threatens Referendum | Zero Hedge

 

From the article:

 

It appears, just as we warned, that Brexit was indeed the first of many dominoes. Even before the Brexit result, a poll by Ipsos Mori showed that the majority of people in France and Italy want to at least have a referendum on leaving:

Clrs-wNVYAA01iT_0.jpg

Meanwhile, over 40% of Swedes, Poles, and Belgians are in the same boat.

But now, as Martin Armstrong notes, Brussels simply went too far. They cross the line moving from an economic union to a political subordination of Europe. Now eight more countries want to hold referendums to exit the EU – France, Holland, Italy, Austria, Finland, Hungary, Portugal, and Slovakia all could leave.

This is gonna be so awesome.

 

The Markets don't think so and neither does my retirement.

 

But from a historical viewpoint, I agree Purple.

Took a look at a little side retirement acct I have and it dropped about 2% the day after the vote.

This is not cool at all. :no:

The Markets don't think so and neither does my retirement.

 

But from a historical viewpoint, I agree Purple.

 

I'm being kind of sarcastic. I think it is a colossal mistake they are among but sometimes people need to go through heartache to realize that they don't have it as bad as they like to think they do. Choosing to leave an organization that stabilizes local, national and global economy just because you can just doesn't strike me as a good idea or something that was thought through. Very knee jerk reaction that could end up being really really bad.

What a brutal day for my 401k and investment accounts Friday was. I put the majority of the blame on this. Good thing I'm 30+ years from retiring!

The EU needs England way more than England needs the EU...

A tragic split | The Economist

 

This is the key quote for me:

 

The vote to Leave amounts to an outpouring of fury against the “establishment”. Everyone from Barack Obama to the heads of NATO and the IMF urged Britons to embrace the EU. Their entreaties were spurned by voters who rejected not just their arguments but the value of “experts” in general. Large chunks of the British electorate that have borne the brunt of public-spending cuts and have failed to share in Britain’s prosperity are now in thrall to an angry populism.

 

Populist anger toward elites and experts is the key variable and it's true across borders and oceans. People will reason and rationalize why these events are occurring, but there's no explaining them without understanding this variable.

A tragic split | The Economist

 

This is the key quote for me:

 

 

 

Populist anger toward elites and experts is the key variable and it's true across borders and oceans. People will reason and rationalize why these events are occurring, but there's no explaining them without understanding this variable.

 

And we just see it from our perspective, but America has followed suit with the populist anger of our European contemporaries.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.