Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal on Mike and Mike

Featured Replies

"My job is to get these kids jobs".

Karl Anthony Towns is just a walking billboard for Kentucky Basketball recruiting. I wish that kid could talk to every potential recruit that Cal wants. He gets it and explains why it's important to come to Kentucky so well. And not just for your collegiate experience, but for what's next in their lives also.

"My job is to get these kids jobs".

 

The job of any college or trade school instructor is to get their students a job. I don't really see this as anything different.

The best thing that could have happened for UK recruiting is Chad Ford telling the world that Ben Simmons made a "huge mistake" not going to UK or Duke.

  • Author
The job of any college or trade school instructor is to get their students a job. I don't really see this as anything different.

 

When the rubber meets the road, I don't disagree. I just wonder if this philosophy is at odds with much of BBN.

The job of any college or trade school instructor is to get their students a job. I don't really see this as anything different.

 

It isn't any different. You just don't typically hear other coaches say it because they are more worried about themselves. Whereas Cal has been preaching Servant Leadership for quite a while now.

 

Others will say that he's full of crap and it's all just self-serving. Well, that's the whole point. Serving and pushing others and the good things will come for you because of it. I love that he preaches Servant Leadership.

When the rubber meets the road, I don't disagree. I just wonder if this philosophy is at odds with much of BBN.

 

Most of BBN would sell their soul to hang another title banner in Rupp. Personally, it would take 2 title banners for me.

Cal never says anything that isn't aimed at branding.

Karl Anthony Towns is just a walking billboard for Kentucky Basketball recruiting. I wish that kid could talk to every potential recruit that Cal wants. He gets it and explains why it's important to come to Kentucky so well. And not just for your collegiate experience, but for what's next in their lives also.

 

Call me a homer if you want, but I think Cal is absolutely fascinating.

The best thing that could have happened for UK recruiting is Chad Ford telling the world that Ben Simmons made a "huge mistake" not going to UK or Duke.

 

It didn't hurt, but I am not sure how many kids listen to Chad Ford.

 

I would guess most top level kids who have never experienced anything but lots and lots of success look at even Ben Simmons and think "that might have been him, but it sure as heck ain't me".

Calipari's been on Stephen A Smith's show and Sports Center today as well. Making his rounds before the draft.

Jay Crawford asked Calipari a question about something he said about Pitino that had Rick irritated. And Cal said what he said was misunderstood. But I'd didn't catch the question about what the fuss is all about. Could someone enlightened me?

He said there was no way that Pitino didn't know what was going on during the scandal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.