Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Racists???

Featured Replies

That raises an interesting question I had not considered. However, the reason I never considered it is because when does this ever happen? How many neo-NAZI types do you know who want to be world travelers and soak in other cultures? So I guess that kinda trumps that, since they don't like nonwhites and wouldn't be going there anyway.

 

So as far as you are concerned only White Power or White Pride should be considered Racist or Bigoted, and no other Pride statement is?

 

BTW there are Mexican Nazis...I wonder if them shouting "Brown Power" (if they shout that) seems racist to whites and Asians living in Mexico?

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly this guy needs his job if he's a temp I hope he's given a chance to cover up, then it's on him.

In case anyone wants to know. I bought stock in a company a couple of years ago. Cynosure -- CYNO. It's up 54% since I bought it.

Guess what one of their specialties is?

Clearly this guy needs his job if he's a temp I hope he's given a chance to cover up, then it's on him.

I agree, get him to wear a sleeve or other cover up and if no other problems arise give him a chance. But I'd have a short fuse for any inappropriate comments or behavior.

Why is it racist to be proud of being white?

 

I think all this white, black, gay pride stuff is absolutely stupid. Be proud to be alive.

In essence I agree with you.

 

At the same time, we would be hard pressed to find someone with that tattooed on themselves that didn't intend it to be racist.

In case anyone wants to know. I bought stock in a company a couple of years ago. Cynosure -- CYNO. It's up 54% since I bought it.

Guess what one of their specialties is?

 

Tattoo removal equipment

  • Author

Why are you asking? The one thing I value about BGP is all the different opinions I already knew how I felt about it but just wanted to throw it out there and read other thoughts.

 

Are you concerned? I would say I’m concerned some for the other employees they not said anything but if they did he’s gone but for that matter the same goes for anyone. I’ve never seen this guy smile at all always has a stern look but he listens and does what is asked of him.

 

 

Have there been issues? No issues so far but we have a saying here give them a few weeks and their true colors start showing up.

 

Or are you just trying to make a point? No point at all just conversation

It is ok for a black person to be proud of being black, but racist for a white person to be proud of being white. Sad!

All races are guilty of what I dislike...lazy and entitled folks do not discriminate! If you cannot appreciate the "opportunity" and diversity of the United States: the hard working, family building, mutual respecting folk who give a :poop:...

 

Well you can kiss my grits!!!

 

(didn't have to mention religion or color)

@BBsports What would you do if he had a Lousiville tatoo?

It is ok for a black person to be proud of being black, but racist for a white person to be proud of being white. Sad!

 

IMO----Not racist. Just not very bright people feel the need to have a tattoo promoting the color of their skin.

 

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but on the content of their character." --Martin Luther King, Jr. (1963)

It depends on the person as to whether it is racist or not. White pride, alone, does not shout racism. In college I would work out with a guy who has a brown pride tattoo, from Mexico, and he may be the most joyful/loving guy I encountered on a daily basis. If the guy is doing his job right then don't go looking for something that isn't there.

 

To answer--No, the tattoo alone is not racist.

  • Author
@BBsports What would you do if he had a Lousiville tatoo?[/quote

 

LOL He's out of here, No I would have fun with it for sure.

Am I the only person that hears condescension anytime people are referred to as "folks"?

 

Almost as much as "bless his heart".

It's a huge double standard.

 

Heck NAACP has what's now considered a racist term in it's name, should they be ostracized?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.