Reds @ Rangers (6/21 - 6/22)

^Terrible fundamental throw up 6 runs in the 8th to throw to n plate

But it worked.

If it's 4-2, it's a terrible fundamental throw (unless it hits the cutoff man in the noggin). At 8-2, I don't mind it.

What IS undoubtedly a bad decision is for the 3B coach to send a "lumbering" runner home down 8-2 on a shortish fly ball where the CF's momentum was coming in to catch it. Best case, you're down 8-3 with 2 outs and a runner on 2B. Worst case, you're down 8-2 and the inning is over. If you hold him, you're down 8-2 with 2 outs and a HR gets you to within 3.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the plan with Iglesias? Keep him in the bullpen due to concerns about his shoulder?

IIRC, Iglesias was never a starter in his time with Cuba. He only began starting last season in AAA before being put in the rotation. They may look at extending him again in the Fall/Winter, but the more I think about it, the more I think they'd be better suited to have he and Lorenzen as the back-end of the bullpen.

2 years from now, or next season even, think of this pitching staff....

Reed

Stephenson

Desclafani

Garrett

Bailey

Finnegan

Cingrani

Lorenzen

Iglesias

Throw in a couple other arms (Mella, Rookie Davis, Travieso, Lamb, Mahle) and that could be a very effective staff and bullpen.

IIRC, Iglesias was never a starter in his time with Cuba. He only began starting last season in AAA before being put in the rotation. They may look at extending him again in the Fall/Winter, but the more I think about it, the more I think they'd be better suited to have he and Lorenzen as the back-end of the bullpen.

2 years from now, or next season even, think of this pitching staff....

Reed

Stephenson

Desclafani

Garrett

Bailey

Finnegan

Cingrani

Lorenzen

Iglesias

Throw in a couple other arms (Mella, Rookie Davis, Travieso, Lamb, Mahle) and that could be a very effective staff and bullpen.

I agree on all counts. The Reds have a bunch of young, talented pitching and the future isn't as bleak as some would suggest.

Bullpen blew it.

Well technically the Reds never had the lead, but the bullpen gave up 2 runs. One stat they mentioned last night. Reds bullen pitchers have now given up 16 HR's to the first batter they've faced in a game. That's an unbelievalbe stat.

Well technically the Reds never had the lead, but the bullpen gave up 2 runs. One stat they mentioned last night. Reds bullen pitchers have now given up 16 HR's to the first batter they've faced in a game. That's an unbelievalbe stat.

Would love to see that # + the # of walks to the 1st batter they've faced in a game. Both are ridiculously high and terrible.