Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Charles Matthews Transferring??

Featured Replies

Fox

Monk

Gabriel

Bam

Killeya-Jones

Hawkins

Willis

Humphries

Briscoe

Waynard

Mulder

 

 

With or without Bolden they'll have plenty of depth.

 

Agreed. I'm sure they'll be fine.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kentucky Basketball ‏@KentuckyMBB

Freshman Charles Matthews has decided to transfer from UK. He will be granted a full release with no restrictions.

 

Good. No player should face restrictions when leaving a program. If he goes to Louisville or LSU or Little Sisters of the Poor and ends up beating UK in a game, so be it. He should get to make moves that are the best for himself.

He has potential to be a good mid to low major player. I wish him the best

Hate to see him go. Hoped he'd stat for a while and develop a shot. Was a decent rebounder and slasher but not an elite talent at this stage of his career.

He has potential to be a good mid to low major player. I wish him the best

 

Didn't he have offers from other really good high majors? But you think he is on the mid-to-low major level?

  • Author
Didn't he have offers from other really good high majors? But you think he is on the mid-to-low major level?

 

IMO, Matthews has the talent to play at the vast majority of high-major programs. I think he would've been a very solid 4 year guy at Kentucky had he stuck around.

That said he would look good in Racer blue and gold.

Didn't he have offers from other really good high majors? But you think he is on the mid-to-low major level?

 

I'm talking about where I feel he can actually contribute and be good. Sure he can be on the team just about anywhere

That said he would look good in Racer blue and gold.

 

AGree

Fox

Monk

Gabriel

Bam

Killeya-Jones

Hawkins

Willis

Humphries

Briscoe

Waynard

Mulder

Calipari

 

 

With or without Bolden they'll have plenty of depth.

 

You forgot one! J/K

Hate to see anyone leave, but you've gotta do what's best for you. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, and I hope he does well.

 

I love that Kentucky granted him a full release with no restrictions.

Hate to see anyone leave, but you've gotta do what's best for you. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, and I hope he does well.

 

I love that Kentucky granted him a full release with no restrictions.

 

Question: When was the last time (if ever) that UK put restrictions on a transfer? I recall a hiccup in discussions about Marvin Stone leaving and going to UL but he was granted the waiver. Anyone else?

Will he end up with Antigua? He recruited him. Another tie is they both played for the same high school coach.

Matthews would look great in an Xavier uniform! Perfect style of play...can showcase his athleticism.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.