Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marques Bolden set to announce at 2:30 P.M. ET on Thursday 5/19/16

Featured Replies

One and done talent or not, you're forever tied to that school and forever tied to that coach. We say, it's a one year decision, but for most of these players, is it really? How many of those one and done guys go back to their schools for pick up games, workouts, to be involved in special events, to even attend classes or lately, be on local radio shows?

 

I can only comment on what I see and hear about former one and dones doing at UK. I'd assume similar things happen at Duke or other schools. But it seems like they are often around much more than the one year that they are playing for the school.

 

Just cause they are one and done in their playing career, doesn't mean they are one and done with how they are tied to the University and Coach.

 

Agreed again.

  • Replies 194
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more of a Duke follower than UK, but hope Bolden choses UK. Have had more of my fill of this kid and his on again,off again decision making. If you can't make a decision immediately, I wouldn't want you if I were Coach K or Cal

 

I don't care if he takes until August if he comes to Duke. I'll happily welcome him into the fold. I don't think he makes or breaks Duke's season but I'd love to have him. I don't care how long he takes.

Is he One and Done? Ranked 16th by ESPN which would mean that there is a chance right now that he may not be a lottery pick...When you consider returning players that will be in the draft next season.

I don't care if he takes until August if he comes to Duke. I'll happily welcome him into the fold. I don't think he makes or breaks Duke's season but I'd love to have him. I don't care how long he takes.

 

Yep it really doesn't matter how long it takes.

Agreed. Scholarship papers/financial aid papers are separate so as lone as he signs those he's covered. LOI just locks him into a particular school.

If you're going to post "agreed" I think you should like the post ;)

Are there really UK fans saying "we don't really need him anyway", already???

Are there really UK fans saying "we don't really need him anyway", already???

 

Duke fans too. UK isn't alone.

Duke fans too. UK isn't alone.

 

I still think it would be funny if he picks someone else.

I still think it would be funny if he picks someone else.

 

Me too. However I think Ben Simmons has ruined that from ever happening again. :lol2:

Are there really UK fans saying "we don't really need him anyway", already???

 

This is the only "fan" site I get on, so I've only seen this.

This is the only "fan" site I get on, so I've only seen this.

 

Are there people on here saying that? I haven't seen any.

I still think it would be funny if he picks someone else.

 

So does TCU.

Lee has cancelled his NBA workouts which could mean he's thinking of staying in school. That might be why Bolden changed to Thursday.

I agree. Unless he's simply given up on an NBA career and thinking of trying his chances in the foreign leagues. He could go the D League route but I don't think he'd go far there either, and they probably pay less than the average factory job.

This young man has been part of the UK family for 3 years. I hope fans make him feel welcome if he does decide to return for his senior season. I'd like to see Bolden as a Wildcat but wouldn't feel comfortable kicking Lee under the bus to see that it happens.

Are there people on here saying that? I haven't seen any.

 

See post 11.

See post 11.

 

Considering the poster, that's far from the typical, "we didn't need him anyway" narrative.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.