Open Job: Bullitt Central

The Head Coach position was posted this morning. Don't all run towards the job at once. The Principal has had this plan in motion for awhile to get his buddy in there. It doesn't matter who you are, how good of a job you can do, or what you have done. I've known Mr. Beavers from his previous schools and he has a record of bringing in his own people and doing favors for his buddies rather than what's good for the program. Adam Perry will be the next BC Head Coach.

Totally disgusting if true. Tye may have cause to seek some action against the principal/district, especially if he has anything in writing.

And who is Adam Perry (forgive me if I should know)?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Head Coach position was posted this morning. Don't all run towards the job at once. The Principal has had this plan in motion for awhile to get his buddy in there. It doesn't matter who you are, how good of a job you can do, or what you have done. I've known Mr. Beavers from his previous schools and he has a record of bringing in his own people and doing favors for his buddies rather than what's good for the program. Adam Perry will be the next BC Head Coach.

What's the background on Adam Perry? The name sounds familiar...but can't place it.

Not much is known about Adam Perry. He owns a tattoo shop and works there. Who knows if he actually has any credentials to coach a high school football team. From what I am told he was fired or pushed out of Bloomfield . I can say that Bullitt County parents are not thrilled about him. One day he just showed up on the sidelines to be a volunteer coach. He looks extremely unprofessional even as a volunteer coach on sidelines with tattoos all over him including his neck. I do not see that he can bring anything to the table. The football program would be in such a disarray with him as a coach. I have already heard today that many kids would quit and parents would have them transfer to another school.

As far as Head Coach Lawson. Bullitt Central players enjoy him as a coach and what he has brought to the program. These players respect him and he is an extremely fair coach. He gives everyone an opportunity. He has brought a lot of knowledge and credentials that it takes to build a program up. As a parent I have seen the way he is with the players and do not believe for one second he would leave this program high and dry to move to "greener pastures ". He has been there and done that. It takes someone to make a difference and he is that difference. If anything I would look at administration that they are trying to push him out for the benefit of their buddies. The sad part is , it isn't about the kids anymore or football. It's all about politics.

Oooooo hot off the press this morning, rumor has it Dr. J Beavers will not be returning to BC as principal, per multiple reliable sources. The rumor continues with saying it came down from the board. Will BCPS B.of.Edu. have to reinstate Lawson? Should they? Thoughts, comments, concerns...

You couldn't write a movie script like this. This is intense.

This seems as if they were trying to get around the BCPS rule regarding AD and HC. What exactly is an "unoffical HC"? It seems like it was just an attempt to get more pay for the coach. I have no problem with a guy trying to provide for his family. It just seems as if the Bullitt county school board of education is making it difficult for the schools in there district to get the high level coaches that may be available.

This seems as if they were trying to get around the BCPS rule regarding AD and HC. What exactly is an "unoffical HC"? It seems like it was just an attempt to get more pay for the coach. I have no problem with a guy trying to provide for his family. It just seems as if the Bullitt county school board of education is making it difficult for the schools in there district to get the high level coaches that may be available.

Unoffical head coach means on paper, someone else is head coach, but the AD can be an asst coach, and (off paper) run the show.

Its not uncommon happens a lot of times when coaches move to AD for a few years before retirement, and their are transitions between another coach on staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really hate to see this turn of events. It really seemed like they were on the right track. How are the numbers? I have heard there were some concerns about the numbers in the younger classes.