Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Greenup County

Featured Replies

Understood, but isnt this coach #3 to leave in the last couple years?

 

Maynard went to his alma mater to be HC.

 

Sammons took over as HC at Raceland and is still there.

 

Grizzle is leaving for a promotion. Was the OC/QB an will now be the HC at Greenup.

 

Don't know of other coaches leaving there.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Raceland coach leaves, whats up with that.

To be honest, Raceland has another three or four coaches that could easily be head coaches somewhere. Can't blame someone for wanting their shot to be "The Man".

Scott was not the OC. He was the QB coach and assisted with the offense. Mike was and is the primary play caller. Raceland has a very big staff full of high caliber, high knowledge, and LONG term high school coaches. They have Hard heads, hot heads, loud, silent, hands-on, hands-off, intense, laid back, and countless other personalities. Each coach has a great deal of football knowledge but more importantly, love the program and the kids that are apart of it. "Coaches leaving" is not an example of an internal struggle, or a problem that would have made them want to leave. Opportunities come and go in the business of HS football, cant blame any of the Raceland coaches, past or present for departing for what they felt was the best career path for them to take.

Imo its a statement to the caliber and program at Raceland. 3 high schools in Greenup County, different sizes, different rates and levels of succes, But one thing in common. Each HC has either played for or coached with BTR or Randy Vanderhoof, two have done both (played for and coached with Hoof). Proud of all three of these men.

Another Raceland coach leaves, whats up with that.

 

A Head coaching job, a step up in pay and an opportunity to advance his coaching resume, career ....I would say that's what's up with that. :thumb:

Congrats to former Raceland QB Scott Grizzle on being named the Greenup Co. Football Head Coach . I would be kind of "leary" of that job myself due to other good coaches having success there and end up leaving, trouble with a certain section of the county / fan base trying to run things. That's been a problem at GC for years and years past. I have heard that things are better along that line lately, I sure hope so for Coach Grizzle's and GC's sake.

I hope Scott does well at GC. I would think that one thing that GC fans will be seeing a lot of is the football flying through the air substantially more, as QB here Scott certainly benefitted from and loved throwing the ball all over the field. New GC Coach Scott Grizzle is a fine young man, coach that has and will work hard. I wish GC and Coach Grizzle the best (except for when he plays Raceland, of course), :D

GC Players had better get ready to work your butts off and GC parents, fans ... you have a good young coach, support him, let S. Grizzle coach his team and I think that you will be pleased.

 

P.S. ... Check and I bet he will still have, be wearing an orange undershirt. :popcorn:

Again ... good luck to all. :thumb:

Not many schools in this area can throw it because no athletes are here. Russell runs the ball out of spread they don't resemble the franklin system. It cracks me up to see people on these sites think the Franklin system is gold. It's an offense just like power I, wing t, wishbone, it doesn't matter what you run if you have the players. Good luck to coach grizzle but still can't believe Greenup didn't get an experienced coach.

Not many schools in this area can throw it because no athletes are here. Russell runs the ball out of spread they don't resemble the franklin system. It cracks me up to see people on these sites think the Franklin system is gold. It's an offense just like power I, wing t, wishbone, it doesn't matter what you run if you have the players. Good luck to coach grizzle but still can't believe Greenup didn't get an experienced coach.

Which experienced coaches applied? Is Grizzle any more green than Mullins was? GC is getting a young, hungry HC that is an excellent guy to boot. As a neutral party I think this was the hire that made sense.

Not many schools in this area can throw it because no athletes are here. Russell runs the ball out of spread they don't resemble the franklin system. It cracks me up to see people on these sites think the Franklin system is gold. It's an offense just like power I, wing t, wishbone, it doesn't matter what you run if you have the players. Good luck to coach grizzle but still can't believe Greenup didn't get an experienced coach.

You're awfully negative man. Who would you suggest to have got the job, McPeek?

 

Also, this "Unathletic" area sent six athletes to division one schools this year and a few to NAIA. It may not be Louisville but to say that there's no athletes here would be wrong.

You're awfully negative man. Who would you suggest to have got the job, McPeek?

 

Also, this "Unathletic" area sent six athletes to division one schools this year and a few to NAIA. It may not be Louisville but to say that there's no athletes here would be wrong.

Thank you! I was about to say that. GC is lucky to have picked up Grizzle. And to say that this area doesn't produce athletes is hilarious.

Grizzle goes green | Sports | dailyindependent.com

 

This is a great hire for Greenup. They're getting a bright, ambitious young young coach who, hopefully, can take the baton from Mullins and keep the Musketeer's forward momentum going.

 

There won't be many secrets in the Greenup/Russell/Raceland games for the foreseeable future.

He has the ability, leave no doubt, but to hire a 27 year old with 4 years of assistant coaching experience is a shot in the dark.

 

In 2011, Chris Mullins was 29 with 5 years experience as an assistant when he became head coach at GCHS.

Again, a bit of a shot in the dark. It will make them look very bright in years to come though.

No one is born already a head coach. Everyone has their first year as a head coach. I become a bigger Greenup/Grizzle fan the more I read. This business keeps getting tougher. I am glad there are still young guys that want to stick their nose in there and give it a shot. Good for him and good for Greenup.

I'm still up in the air about this hire, but i believe it has great potential. IMO I think going with a young coach might be the best route for GC. It worked with Mullins as he had time to adjust and build the program from the ground up as do it the way he wanted too, that eventually led him to a 6A job can't complain there. However, one thing that worries me is that GC goes a different route with this hire, Grizzle comes from a Spread-Air Raid offense that I simply don't see GC being very successful with at least not for a few years. The thing is with the history of GC football and all sports for that matter will he be given time to adjust the offense and get it where he wants it? Or does he adjust his gameplan and stay with some stuff Mullins had inserted? I believe that's the big question here because, I don't see a Qb on the roster that can throw it 30 times a game. However, there is some young Qb talent coming up I believe the kid I am thinking of will be a freshman this year so he would be a year or 2 away from providing a varsity impact.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.