Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Greenup County

Featured Replies

Scott Grizzle has accepted the job.

Good for Greenup County and for Scott. I think he will make a quality Head Coach. He is high energy and is very knowledgable.

 

I think Greenup Football will be, if nothing else, exciting.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the pleasure of working with Scott a couple of offseasons ago. Great guy and great coach. He'll do a great job at GC. Best of luck.

Excellent hire for GC. They needed to make a good hire to keep the momentum going and it appears that they did. If I were a GC fan I would be ecstatic.

If its true, Its a huge gain for the Muskies and a big loss (for future reference) for the Rams. I hate to see Scott in anything other than Orange and Black, but if this is the case, I couldnt be happier for him, and atleast he is still in the County he grew up. He is an incredible football mind and an even better individual. If its all true, then its a "double edged sword" of a feeling I have.

I'll have to hear it from the horses mouth or in an official release to buy in 100% though.

Aaron snyder from adi just tweeted it today.

Saw that. Im buying. Great move by GC. Heart-broken and proud at the same time. Outside of that one week in the fall, Scott has my support. Very glad to see him take on this new challenge and taking the steps he felt was right to provide for he and his family.

Crazy to see 3 of my former football coaches coaching at all the county schools. Awesome pickup for GC. Congrats Griz.

Not surprised by the hire but I will say this. Be careful what you ask for, Greenup isn't a great job and he has never been a full time teacher to my knowledge. I wish Him the best but seems like Greenup could have hired someone with more experience because it's a firestorm to deal with things as a head coach I'm

Sure. Good luck to coach grizzle and Greenup county.

Its definitely going to be a trial by fire, imo. Very young, yes, inexperienced (as a coach), yes, can he handle it? Yes. I think he will do fine. Greenup isnt an easy place to be a coach in any sport, he has his work cut out for him, but Scotf has never been one to shy away from working to get where he wants to go.

Not surprised by the hire but I will say this. Be careful what you ask for, Greenup isn't a great job and he has never been a full time teacher to my knowledge. I wish Him the best but seems like Greenup could have hired someone with more experience because it's a firestorm to deal with things as a head coach I'm

Sure. Good luck to coach grizzle and Greenup county.

 

I was suprised all the way around. Expected a more experienced hire, expected them to promote from within, expected them to make a few offers to outside coaches within the area. Figured they'd reach out to Francis or possibly Lewis. Scott has the knowledge, but there is alot more to coaching hs football than Xs and Os. He has the ability, leave no doubt, but to hire a 27 year old with 4 years of assistant coaching experience is a shot in the dark. Personally, I think Greenup got a steal, now its about him building his staff with experienced coaches. As long as he surrounds himself with that, he will do fine. Especially with the tallent Greenup will have this season.

Another Raceland coach leaves, whats up with that.

 

Well in this case a coach is moving up, from OC to Head Coach.

Coach Grizzle has earned this opportunity. I hope he does well, and I believe he will.

Well in this case a coach is moving up, from OC to Head Coach.

 

Understood, but isnt this coach #3 to leave in the last couple years?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.