Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Twin Belgium Terror Attacks

Featured Replies

I agree with all three of you. I have zero problem what Obama did yesterday and I don't fault Bush with how he handled that situation. That post was meant to point out how hypocritical party hardliners are. And, I'm sure that goes both ways. However, I can't imagine what we would have read and heard if Obama did what Bush did.

 

No more than we heard about Bush doing it at the time, which was plenty if you'll remember.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why I am engaging this I don't know but anyway, here goes. I will keep it very short. Anyone who reads the three posts just above this one and does not see the inconsistency, hypocrisy and refusal to be open minded is beyond any help I can offer.

 

How is it hypocritical or inconsistent if I acknowledged that both were mistakes?

Had the attack been on America soil, I think he should have returned asap.

 

This trip was planned for sometime, I would have stayed.

Why I am engaging this I don't know but anyway, here goes. I will keep it very short. Anyone who reads the three posts just above this one and does not see the inconsistency, hypocrisy and refusal to be open minded is beyond any help I can offer.

 

Mic, meet floor.

No more than we heard about Bush doing it at the time, which was plenty if you'll remember.

 

I respectfully disagree. We would have heard more. 15 years later on the calendar and light-years later in terms of social media-driven vitriol. I shudder to think how much "on his watch" rhetoric we'd be reading.

How is it hypocritical or inconsistent if I acknowledged that both were mistakes?

 

I don't think either made a mistake.

I respectfully disagree. We would have heard more. 15 years later on the calendar and light-years later in terms of social media-driven vitriol. I shudder to think how much "on his watch" rhetoric we'd be reading.

 

Good point, I was thinking internet and main stream media. I do almost no social media but that has taken it to a higher level. God knows what presidents in 15 more years will deal with.

I don't think either made a mistake.

 

And that is perfectly fine with me. You are entitled to you opinion, just like I am entitled to mine. Agree with me or not, I respect your opinion either way.

 

I am still wondering, however, how I was being hypocritical or inconsistent.

And to clarify, I know that I called them mistakes in previous posts, but I think I would better describe them as a mishandling of the situation opposed to a mistake.

Had the attack been on America soil, I think he should have returned asap.

 

This trip was planned for sometime, I would have stayed.

 

Agreed. That's all I'm really saying.

Used to play the heck out of this lively, carefree little ditty about Belgium back in the early 80's. Good times. Belgium will bounce back. Good people there !

 

[video=youtube;NHznJV-FFIc]

And I think the two situations are pretty significantly different. Bush waited 30 minutes before he addressed the situation. Obama sat at a baseball game for 3 hours, cheering and doing the wave next to an oppressive dictator.

 

And Bush was responding to an incident that happened on American soil, while Obama would be dealing with a situation overseas. I'm sure that him going to a few innings of a baseball game really didn't affect anything. It's not like he doesn't have a full staff of people that were likely at work behind the scenes gathering information, etc.

 

And for the record today might be the first time I've ever defended Obama in anyway. Might have to take a long hot shower after this.

Did all the other anti-Isis world leaders cancel their plans? Obama did not want to disrespect Cuba.

Isis is tough to deal with, to negotiate with. Who are they? Who is their leader? Who has authority to make decisions for them? Their values (martyrdom) are different than ours-------hard to reach any common ground with them.

  • Author

Whether Obama was right to stay( I am with Obama on this( did I just say that lol) or wrong, one thing I do know. The sands of Raqqa needs to have a rich warm glow.....

New estimates have ISIS fighters returning from Syria/Iraq to Europe at 5000.

 

If they knew these guys were ISIS killers, why in the world would you let them back into you country?

 

If your going to let known killers into your country, how much is that our problem?

 

Very confusing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.