Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Twin Belgium Terror Attacks

Featured Replies

It seems that his recreation time comes first too often. Remember him dashing off for a round of golf and laughs a few minutes after James Foley was beheaded?

 

What do you recommend he did instead of attend a prescheduled game in Cuba?

 

Was he going to solve all the world's problems in that small amount of time? No he wasn't but that won't stop some people from bashing him because he went to bed last night (HE COULD'VE BEEN FIXING ALL THE ISSUES IN THE WORLD DURING THAT TIME :madman:).

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you recommend he did instead of attend a prescheduled game in Cuba?

 

Was he going to solve all the world's problems in that small amount of time? No he wasn't but that won't stop some people from bashing him because he went to bed last night (HE COULD'VE BEEN FIXING ALL THE ISSUES IN THE WORLD DURING THAT TIME :madman:).

 

Him bailing on the Cuba trip and/or the game would've without question created far more issues than him taking in a couple innings. Whether you agree with him on it or not, the POTUS has worked very hard on building this relationship with Cuba, and to bail last minute would've been catastrophic to that.

 

As you mentioned, there's nothing he could've done in those few hours. I guarantee you he had his advisors and intelligence people gathering every bit of intel they could find and the second he stepped back on the plane he was submerged in briefings and reports.

Him bailing on the Cuba trip and/or the game would've without question created far more issues than him taking in a couple innings. Whether you agree with him on it or not, the POTUS has worked very hard on building this relationship with Cuba, and to bail last minute would've been catastrophic to that.

 

As you mentioned, there's nothing he could've done in those few hours. I guarantee you he had his advisors and intelligence people gathering every bit of intel they could find and the second he stepped back on the plane he was submerged in briefings and reports.

 

But he watched baseball....

 

I agree him bailing on the trip/game would've caused issues.

 

(I'm going to go buy a gun now to remind myself I don't support Obama after defending him.)

He was earlier that morning.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55379[/ATTACH]

 

lol what a token, "im doing work right now" picture.

 

This is why I hate BGP sometimes. Just being real. And it's my own fault for coming in these threads thinking we could get some form of intelligent debate. So, let me be the first to order myself to get the heck out then.

 

After reading HHSHOG's post above, all I could do was laugh out loud and agree that spindoc has it right on this thread. People are going on complain and believe what they want to believe so no use beating your head against the wall.

After reading HHSHOG's post above, all I could do was laugh out loud and agree that spindoc has it right on this thread. People are going on complain and believe what they want to believe so no use beating your head against the wall.

 

FWIW, I don't actually think that Obama just posed for the picture. I am sure that he briefly examined the situation at hand, and had important discussions among the leaders of the affected countries. I don't think that that picture really shows all that going on, and for all I know about that picture it could be from another situation, but it is logical to assume that Obama would have held these discussions given the circumstance.

 

I strongly disagree with his decision to attend the baseball game after the events. If it was some important meeting, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But it was not. He was attending a recreational event with a dictator, who has long been considered an enemy.

 

The comparison was made, either in this thread or the other, that Obama returning home after the attacks would be like running away after a fight. I do not agree with that comparison. In my opinion, not that it is right, or that I care if you think it is right, but this situation resembles a scenario where your friend of many years has just been beaten up in a fight, while you are out with shooting the breeze with a kid you just met last week. Instead of going to your lifelong friends side, you yell to him from afar, "I'm doing everything I can, but I am busy with this other friend right now."

 

Was it absolutely essential for Cuban/ US relations that Obama goes to this baseball game? I very strongly doubt that it was, especially under the given circumstances. I think it was a lapse in judgement, either by Obama or his advisers.

And George Bush continued with his scheduled meeting and kept talking to school children while our own nation was under attack on 9/11. He had been warned before he left early that morning there was a heightened threat of a terror attack. He was told of the first plane attack and continued on to the school. When told half an hour later of the second plane hit on the tower he still continued to talk to the school children. Which is worse - what Bush did on 9/11 or what Obama did yesterday?

And George Bush continued with his scheduled meeting and kept talking to school children while our own nation was under attack on 9/11. He had been warned before he left early that morning there was a heightened threat of a terror attack. He was told of the first plane attack and continued on to the school. When told half an hour later of the second plane hit on the tower he still continued to talk to the school children. Which is worse - what Bush did on 9/11 or what Obama did yesterday?

 

No chance you get an honest answer on that.

 

FWIW, I have no issue with either. But if one has a problem with President Obama being at the baseball game yesterday, they have to feel what President Bush did was worse.

And George Bush continued with his scheduled meeting and kept talking to school children while our own nation was under attack on 9/11. He had been warned before he left early that morning there was a heightened threat of a terror attack. He was told of the first plane attack and continued on to the school. When told half an hour later of the second plane hit on the tower he still continued to talk to the school children. Which is worse - what Bush did on 9/11 or what Obama did yesterday?

 

I see neither as being bad, however, to be fair to Bush, in his situation upon learning the first plane had struck the tower, it was initially assumed that it had been an accident. It wasn't until the 2nd plane struck the 2nd tower that the narrative turned to the fact that we were under attack.

I am the furthest thing from an Obama supporter, but I have no issue with him attending the baseball game.

 

I disagree with Obama at nearly every turn but him sitting in the Oval Office does nothing to help the situation any more than sitting in Cuba.

I agree with all three of you. I have zero problem what Obama did yesterday and I don't fault Bush with how he handled that situation. That post was meant to point out how hypocritical party hardliners are. And, I'm sure that goes both ways. However, I can't imagine what we would have read and heard if Obama did what Bush did.

I agree with all three of you. I have zero problem what Obama did yesterday and I don't fault Bush with how he handled that situation. That post was meant to point out how hypocritical party hardliners are. And, I'm sure that goes both ways. However, I can't imagine what we would have read and heard if Obama did what Bush did.

 

So because Bush made a mistake, president Obama's mistake is alright in your book?

And I think the two situations are pretty significantly different. Bush waited 30 minutes before he addressed the situation. Obama sat at a baseball game for 3 hours, cheering and doing the wave next to an oppressive dictator.

As much as I disagree with what Obama does, it seems that there are some of you out there that have an equal and opposite reaction to anything he does; that he never does anything wrong. If he does do something that can be construed as wrong, or makes a bad decision, or whatever the situation is, you give the Bush defense. "It was Bush's fault," " Well Bush did this, so what Obama did isn't that bad,"....typical liberal lack of accountability.

Why I am engaging this I don't know but anyway, here goes. I will keep it very short. Anyone who reads the three posts just above this one and does not see the inconsistency, hypocrisy and refusal to be open minded is beyond any help I can offer.

Why I am engaging this I don't know but anyway, here goes. I will keep it very short. Anyone who reads the three posts just above this one and does not see the inconsistency, hypocrisy and refusal to be open minded is beyond any help I can offer.

 

Word.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.