Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 75 Murray 54 (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)

Featured Replies

I will be interested to see how they play on back-to-back days. I hope that BG and Dunbar go into 4 OTs.

Nice! Congrats to the Breds, keep it going.

Like I said before the season Ben Weyer is the man. In my eyes Mr. Basketball if you didn't know him now you do. Congrats Breds

NCC is having a very good all-around sports year...congratulations!

If NCC loses, and I hope they don't, can't wait for a certain fan base to put them on blast about how they would have brought home the title.

 

I'm hoping all of NKY is pulling for NCC this weekend.

Another dominating performance by Ben Weyer. Really wish Mr Basketball voting was done after the state tournament.

 

Weyer is the best big in the state. Yes, over Carson.

NewCath keeps rolling along. Really surprised quite a few posters thought this game would be close. NewCath has a real chance to win this thing.

 

Why is that? Murray has a solid team...I thought it would be close and could go one way or the other, but you seem to not be surprised by large margin of victory, which I take it means you thought NCC would win easily. Did you think that?

He should be Mr. Basketball when many felt he was not the best in the 9th region if I remember correctly. Stay the course Ben and show all of the naysayers, including the many college coaches that passed on you, just how good of an all around basketball player that you are.

Ben Weyer is a man!

 

Nice job by Newport Catholic. All of their players seem to have a very good understanding of their role in contributing to their basketball team.

 

Ronnie Dawn has coached the 'Breds up well.

I would take Weyer against anyone in the state. He is the real deal!!!!

Why is that? Murray has a solid team...I thought it would be close and could go one way or the other, but you seem to not be surprised by large margin of victory, which I take it means you thought NCC would win easily. Did you think that?

 

I thought NewCath would win by double digits. The Breds knocked off a top 5 team (by the computer polls) in CovCath in the 9th Region finals. Then the Breds blitzed the 7th Region champ Trinity in the first round. If Murray had been playing either one of those schools, I think people would have been predicting a reasonably easy win for CovCath or Trinity. Lastly, if you look at the comparative scores in the All-A with Cordia, yes I was calling for a relatively stress free win for NewCath.

1919260_1259056440771069_1285610475561220569_n.jpg

 

More photos here

2

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.