Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke's #4 Seed

Featured Replies

I agree. Cal's got his mojo working overtime.

 

Oh, that reminds me. I have to unblock somebody so that I can dislike his posts, often!

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course he is, and it works. No one is faulting him, heck, he is the BEST at it. However, it creates this UK fan-base narrative that everyone is out to get us, it is us against the world, and it is, in a word, silly. How often do you see posts in this forum like "that ref hates UK", "that journalist is anti-UK", "the committee (which, you know, is constantly turning over and evolving) wants to screw UK", etc. It is funny.

 

It sells!

I heard Jim Calhoun say on ESPN on Sunday that they would contact the Committee and request to be placed in the West for two reason's they didn't have to worry about as much tickets passes etc. and the second reason he said was year in and year out it is the easiest of the four regions.

Traditionally speaking he is correct. Who wouldn't love being sent to L.A. as a 7 seed and run in to the vaunted Gonzaga Bulldogs in the second round with a third round match-up against New Mexico State?

Sometimes the UK fans are a thing to behold. For the most part great people. Saw where House from Texas A&M was ripping his fan base for not showing up at the SEC tourney. Estimated 400 of them there. Guys were saying during the LSU vs A&M game that LSU may have had 50 people there. It would be interesting to see what SEC basketball would be minus KY.

It puzzles me how schools that don't have any more fan support than what is mentioned here ever land anyone above a 3 Star player. A neighbor of mine went to the 2011 Final Four in Texas and said the eventual national champ, UCONN had less than a 1000 fans in the dome. He said he felt sorry for the Huskies players for the lack of fan support they were getting. And the year after Florida won their first National championship I noticed that at a lot of their home games the stands were half full in a small gym. Of course, the Gators went on that year to win their second title. If I were an elite player fan support would definitely come into consideration on which school I chose.

It puzzles me how schools that don't have any more fan support than what is mentioned here ever land anyone above a 3 Star player. A neighbor of mine went to the 2011 Final Four in Texas and said the eventual national champ, UCONN had less than a 1000 fans in the dome. He said he felt sorry for the Huskies players for the lack of fan support they were getting. And the year after Florida won their first National championship I noticed that at a lot of their home games the stands were half full in a small gym. Of course, the Gators went on that year to win their second title. If I were an elite player fan support would definitely come into consideration on which school I chose.

I too was in Houston when UConn won the title. If the stadium holds 70,000: 20,000 were UK fans, 10,000 were VCU fans, 5,000 were Butler fans, 2,500 were UConn fans. 5,000 empty seats, and the rest were randoms.

UK didn't deserve Louisville. Wouldn't be fair for a number 1 seed to play a road game against a 4. I don't care where UK plays as long as the end result ends in the final 4. The committee basically said Duke was better than UK, must have missed the game at the beginning of the year. If IU won the Mich game then IU would have been a 4 and UK a 5

I heard Jim Calhoun say on ESPN on Sunday that they would contact the Committee and request to be placed in the West for two reason's they didn't have to worry about as much tickets passes etc. and the second reason he said was year in and year out it is the easiest of the four regions.

 

West region's been kind to UofL over the years. One title and a handful of FF berths.

West region's been kind to UofL over the years. One title and a handful of FF berths.

 

It is funny you said that, was talking to a guy Monday who said something about the west and I said I felt like all of UL's great runs since the 80's came via that path.

I don't think Duke being a 4 or a 5 should have generated much argument. I think a 5 is a smidge more accurate, but I don't think a 4 is way-off base.

 

I can kinda agree with that. While I think they should've been a 5 it's not like I feel there's much argument for them being a 6 or 7. So it's clearly not too far off base.

Of course he is, and it works. No one is faulting him, heck, he is the BEST at it. However, it creates this UK fan-base narrative that everyone is out to get us, it is us against the world, and it is, in a word, silly. How often do you see posts in this forum like "that ref hates UK", "that journalist is anti-UK", "the committee (which, you know, is constantly turning over and evolving) wants to screw UK", etc. It is funny.

I've been a UK fan for about 55 years and most basketball savvy UK fans know when the team is not up to par. However, UK fans expect the best from any UK team because we've given them and Coach Cal everything they need to be successful. And that's what I expect. No hate on anyone, weeeelllll, maybe just one. Christian Laettner. :banghead:

It puzzles me how schools that don't have any more fan support than what is mentioned here ever land anyone above a 3 Star player. A neighbor of mine went to the 2011 Final Four in Texas and said the eventual national champ, UCONN had less than a 1000 fans in the dome. He said he felt sorry for the Huskies players for the lack of fan support they were getting. And the year after Florida won their first National championship I noticed that at a lot of their home games the stands were half full in a small gym. Of course, the Gators went on that year to win their second title. If I were an elite player fan support would definitely come into consideration on which school I chose.

 

If I was an elite player, I don't think it would care at all about the fan support. I'm there to elevate my game and get paid.

 

I think I'd care more if I was a good/mediocre player at a smaller program.

 

Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome to play in front of 24,000 fans every home game but I just think my priorities would be very different if I was staring down millions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.